|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) An old sock.
(b) An old soda can.
(c) A jar.
(d) An old baking powder can.
2. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He has unusual markings.
(b) He looks malnourished.
(c) He is muddy.
(d) His paws are worn.
3. How many years has it been since the unnamed man in Chapter 1 first met his two dogs?
(a) More than 25 years.
(b) More than 5 years.
(c) More than 20 years.
(d) More than 50 years.
4. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(c) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(d) It contains valuable hunting tips.
5. What happens to Dan when he and the raccoon fight?
(a) His paw is cut.
(b) His nose is split open.
(c) He is fine. The raccoon is injured.
(d) He is bit by the raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tahlequah marshal give Billy before he leaves Tahlequah?
2. How does Billy first react when he sees the puppies?
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. What does Billy's grandfather suggest in Chapter 9 the boy do to keep the coon in the tree while he goes home to rest?
5. How many traps does Billy set up near the river in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy train the dogs to track raccoons?
2. Describe what Billy and the other hunters talk about as they sell their hides in Billy's grandfather's store.
3. How does Billy's desire for hunting dogs fit with his ability to purchase the dogs?
4. What are Billy's first impressions of Tahlequah?
5. Describe the incident in with the muskrat den.
6. Describe Billy's travels from Oklahoma to Tahlequah.
7. Describe the contents of the ad Billy finds in the old sportsman's magazine.
8. Describe the redbone hound in Chapter 1.
9. What does Billy do when he despairs that he cannot finish cutting down the tree? What happens after he does so?
10. How does Billy's grandfather help him at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)