|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As wonderful.
(b) As confusing.
(c) As unpleasant.
(d) As exciting.
2. Who helps Billy train the puppies?
(a) Billy's grandfather.
(c) His older sister.
(d) His youngest sister.
3. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(b) In Texas.
(c) In the Ozark Mountains.
(d) In Idaho.
4. Why does Billy's mother punish him in Chapter 7?
(a) For leaving to pick up the puppies without telling her.
(b) For going hunting without permission.
(c) For using her good scissors to cut a tin can.
(d) For taking a tin can from the junk pile without permission.
5. What does Billy's grandfather tell him that raccoons cannot resist?
(a) Shiny objects.
(c) Fallen logs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy plan on paying his grandfather for the bag of candy he gets from his store?
2. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
4. How did Billy's father discover he had traveled to Tahlequah to pick up the puppies?
5. Why does the general store owner offer Billy a pair of shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Billy and his father's views of the town of Tahlequah.
2. What character traits does Billy exhibit when the children on the playground in Tahlequah harass his dogs? How does he demonstrate these traits?
3. How does Billy train the dogs to track raccoons?
4. How does Billy's family help him while he is trying to cut down the giant sycamore?
5. What memories does the redbone hound stir up for the unnamed old man in Chapter 1?
6. How does Billy's desire for hunting dogs fit with his ability to purchase the dogs?
7. What are Billy's first impressions of Tahlequah?
8. Why is Billy so committed to cutting down the sycamore tree?
9. How do the puppies react to the first raccoon that they encounter?
10. Describe the redbone hound in Chapter 1.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)