|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is overwhelmed.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is frightened.
2. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
(a) Pieces of his fathers' check lines.
(b) Bailing wire.
(c) Leather from old shoes.
3. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
(a) Exactly one week.
(b) More than a week.
(c) One day.
(d) More than a month.
4. What does Billy like to do for fun in Chapter 2?
(b) Raise puppies.
(c) Tease his sisters.
(d) Track raccoons.
5. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A collie puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A coonskin hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
2. What does Mama make out of Billy's first coonskin?
3. Upon bringing them home, where does Billy intend for the puppies to sleep?
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
5. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Billy's parents react to him asking how far it is to Kentucky? What information are they lacking?
2. How does Billy's family help him while he is trying to cut down the giant sycamore?
3. Describe the redbone hound in Chapter 1.
4. Describe "The Big Tree".
5. Describe the area that Billy lives in as a kid.
6. How does Billy train the dogs to track raccoons?
7. Why is Billy so committed to cutting down the sycamore tree?
8. Describe Billy's shopping experience in the general store in Tahlequah.
9. What does Billy discover about the two dogs when they camp in the cave?
10. What is the significance of the abandoned campsite for Billy?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)