|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) The male dog is larger than the female dog.
(b) Both dogs are larger than he expected.
(c) The female dog is larger than the male dog.
(d) Both of the dogs are smaller than he expected.
2. After purchasing the puppies, who does Billy credit with his good fortune in Chapter 6?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
3. How does Billy characterize Tahlequah when talking with his father in Chapter 6?
(a) As unpleasant.
(b) As exciting.
(c) As wonderful.
(d) As confusing.
4. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
5. Why does Billy choose the particular names for the puppies that he does?
(a) His sisters choose the names.
(b) He saw them in an old sportsman's magazine.
(c) They are his grandparents' names.
(d) He sees them carved on a tree at the campsite where he found the sportsman's magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
2. Why does Old Dan leave Billy's home during the night in Chapter 9?
3. What does Billy see for the first time in the general store window in Chapter 4?
4. Why does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 leave his gate open?
5. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy's grandfather help him at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Describe Billy's travels from Oklahoma to Tahlequah.
3. Why is Billy so committed to cutting down the sycamore tree?
4. How does Billy train the dogs to track raccoons?
5. How do Billy's feelings about his family's home change when he returns home from his journey to Tahlequah?
6. Describe the contents of the ad Billy finds in the old sportsman's magazine.
7. Describe Billy's shopping experience in the general store in Tahlequah.
8. What does Billy discover about the two dogs when they camp in the cave?
9. What are Billy's first impressions of Tahlequah?
10. What is the significance of the abandoned campsite for Billy?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)