|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Billy's dogs have treed their first raccoon, who arrives later in the day to check on Billy?
(c) Billy's grandfather.
(d) His older sister.
2. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) Two boys.
(d) A man and a woman.
3. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
(b) By working in the fields with him.
(c) By performing chores around the house.
(d) By taking care of his sisters.
4. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
(a) The dogs are as tired as he is.
(b) The dogs are more determined than he is.
(c) Old Dan is missing.
(d) Little Ann is missing.
5. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
3. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
4. How does Billy's overwhelming desire for hound puppies affect him physically?
5. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy's reaction to the Tahlequah townspeople's comments about his appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does the author make between the redbone hound in the first chapter and Billy's dogs in Chapter 6?
2. What does Billy discover about the two dogs when they camp in the cave?
3. In Chapter 9, what do the dogs do during the night while Billy is sleeping in his bed? How does Billy discover their actions?
4. Compare and contrast Old Dan and Little Ann as they are described by Billy in Chapter 10.
5. Where does the unnamed old man in Chapter 1 assume the hound lives? Why?
6. How does Billy's grandfather help him at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. Describe Billy's travels from Oklahoma to Tahlequah.
8. How does Billy train the dogs to track raccoons?
9. Describe the actions Billy takes to earn enough money to purchase two hound puppies.
10. Describe the area that Billy lives in as a kid.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)