|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy help his father in Chapter 3?
(a) By taking care of his sisters.
(b) By performing chores around the house.
(c) By working in the fields with him.
(d) By not asking him for the puppies any longer.
2. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(a) A deer.
(b) Samie, the pet cat.
(c) Several raccoons.
3. Where does the unnamed man assume the dog in Chapter 1 lives?
(a) Snake River.
(b) The Ozark Mountains.
(d) In the woods.
4. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He chases a raccoon
(b) He chases a mountain lion
(c) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(d) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
5. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
(a) They do not believe he will take care of them.
(b) They do not want to have pets.
(c) They are not available in the area they live in.
(d) They cannot afford them.
6. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has walked through the woods.
(b) He has traveled a long way.
(c) He has been taken hunting many times.
(d) He has been abused.
7. Which of the following words best characterizes Billy in Chapter 8?
8. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
(a) She rushes over to help him.
(b) She is disgusted by his appearance.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She reports him to the school principal.
9. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) A redbone hound dog.
(b) A bloodhound.
(c) An Irish setter.
(d) A retriever.
10. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
(a) Billy must wait until his scent dissipates before the raccoons will come.
(b) Billy needs to be patient because raccoons are hard to find.
(c) Billy must set up more traps.
(d) Billy must wait for a raccoon to stumble upon the trap.
11. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
(a) Billy and Megan.
(b) Boy and Girl.
(c) Dan and Ann.
(d) Daniel and Annabelle.
12. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
(a) Lend Billy the money to purchase the puppies.
(b) Keep Billy's plan to purchase the puppies a secret.
(c) Contact the kennel to make sure they are still in business.
(d) Place the order for the dogs.
13. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) It contains an ad for hound puppies.
(c) It contains an article about hound puppies.
(d) It contains valuable hunting tips.
14. Where does Billy camp with the puppies in Chapter 5?
(a) In an abandoned building.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Just outside of Tahlequah,
15. What does Little Ann do in Chapter 8 that shows Billy she has not fallen for the raccoon's trick?
(a) She follows the original trail instead of the new one that the raccoon lays.
(b) She swims across the river to find his scent.
(c) She runs up a tree to find him.
(d) She convinces Old Dan to swim across the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
2. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
3. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
4. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Billy become disillusioned with his new hunting traps?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)