Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy react to the town of Tahlequah?
(a) He is overwhelmed.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is confused.
2. Who does Billy's grandfather hold partly responsible for Rubin's death?
(d) The "ghost coon".
3. Why does Billy run away from home?
(a) His sisters tease him relentlessly about wanting puppies.
(b) To pursue a career as a hunter.
(c) To go purchase two hound puppies.
(d) His parents deny him hound puppies for a second time.
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(b) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
5. How does the boy dog demonstrate his courage in this chapter?
(a) He barks at the cries of a mountain lion
(b) He chases a raccoon
(c) He protects Billy and the girl puppy
(d) He chases a mountain lion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa give Billy in Chapter 15 that marks him as an adult?
2. What does Little Ann do just as Billy is about to move the dogs to a new location in Chapter 8?
3. What does Billy use to make collars for the puppies?
4. Which night does Billy draw to hunt in the contest?
5. What does Billy decide to name the puppies?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)