Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. How does Billy's sister react to his plan to cut down "The Big Tree"?
(a) She thinks he is crazy.
(b) She is confident he can accomplish the task.
(c) She is angry at him for worrying Mama.
(d) She admires him.
3. What is unique about the area that Billy's family lives in when he is young?
(a) It is remote.
(b) It is the best hunting land in the country.
(c) It is isolated and rural.
(d) It is near a river.
4. Where will Billy need to pick up his puppies?
(a) At a depot in Oklahoma.
(b) At the kennel he ordered them from.
(c) At his grandfather's store.
(d) At a depot in Kentucky.
5. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
(a) He wants to inspect the puppies.
(b) He cannot stand to wait a week to pick up the puppies.
(c) He doesn't have the heart to tell his father about the puppies.
(d) He doesn't want to inconvenience his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy discover about the dogs when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 9?
2. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Billy see the train stationmaster doing that gives him the courage to enter the depot?
4. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the items Billy purchases with his final $10 in Chapter 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)