|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
(b) Several raccoons.
(c) Samie, the pet cat.
(d) A deer.
2. How does Billy's grandfather help him get the item he needs to train the dogs as trackers?
(a) He gives Billy hunting traps to use.
(b) He teaches Billy how to create a trap using a log, nails and a piece of tin.
(c) He gives Billy one he had from when he was a boy.
(d) He purchases one for Billy from a local hunter.
3. At the age of ten, what does Billy desperately want to have?
(a) A dog.
(b) A gun.
(c) Two dogs.
(d) A brother.
4. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
5. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He works in the fields with his father.
(b) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
(c) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(d) He sells vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Billy to catch his first raccoon in the traps?
2. How does the woman watching Billy play in the playground in Tahlequah react to what happens to Billy?
3. What does Billy seemingly randomly ask his family that shocks and entertains them in Chapter 4?
4. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
5. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)