|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy's family live when he is ten?
(a) In the Ozark Mountains.
(b) In Idaho.
(c) In the Appalachian Mountains.
(d) In Texas.
2. How does Billy react when the women in Tahlequah criticize him while walking through town with his puppies?
(a) He begins crying.
(b) He makes fun of the feathers in their hats.
(c) He gets into a fight with the women.
(d) He ignores their comments.
3. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(b) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(c) Childhood memories of his cats.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
4. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
(a) He agrees to stop asking for the puppies.
(b) He is willing to take on a part time job.
(c) He tells his parents he will wait to get the puppies.
(d) He asks for only one hound puppy.
5. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(b) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(c) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
(d) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy notice about the size of the puppies in Chapter 5?
2. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
3. What is significant about what Billy finds at the campsite?
4. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
5. What does Billy trap in his new hunting traps in Chapter 2?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)