Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dog's presence in Chapter 1 awaken in the unnamed man?
(a) Childhood memories of his two dogs.
(b) A long forgotten fondness for animals.
(c) Childhood memories of his cats.
(d) Feelings of loneliness.
2. Which of the following is NOT a way Billy earns money for the puppies?
(a) He works in the fields with his father.
(b) He picks berries to sell at his grandfather's store.
(c) He sells vegetables.
(d) He catches and sells bait to fishermen.
3. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(b) He bathes and feeds him.
(c) He allows him to rest.
(d) He takes him to a vet.
4. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 remove from his mantle while sitting by the fire?
(a) A book.
(b) A silver cup and a gold cup.
(c) A photograph of his dogs.
(d) A silver medal and a gold medal.
5. What does Billy use as a piggy bank?
(a) A jar.
(b) An old soda can.
(c) An old baking powder can.
(d) An old sock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
2. What compromise is Billy willing to make because of his parents' financial difficulties?
3. What prevents Billy's parents from buying him the puppies he wants?
4. How does Billy's grandfather react when Billy shows him the money he has saved?
5. Based on the unnamed man's actions at the end of Chapter 1, what is likely to be the focus of the Chapter 2?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)