|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Billy need to earn to purchase two hound puppies?
2. Where do Billy and the puppies stop to rest on their journey home from Tahlequah?
(a) In a town outside of the Ozark Mountains.
(b) The abandoned campsite where he found the magazine.
(c) At his grandfather's store.
(d) Alongside the river.
3. What does Billy's father give him to help him cope with not getting hound puppies?
(a) A collie puppy.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A coonskin hat.
4. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
5. Which of the following is NOT a realization Billy comes to upon returning home with the puppies?
(a) His parents were not concerned when he was gone.
(b) His family's home is clean and neat.
(c) His home is a peaceful place.
(d) His parents truly love him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Billy's father give him in Chapter 6 about town life that surprises Billy?
2. What does Billy observe the boys at the playground in Tahlequah doing that he wants to try for himself?
3. Why does Billy decide to walk to Tahlequah?
4. How does Billy react in Chapter 6 when he discovers his mother's concern for his absence?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Billy's grandfather agrees to do to help the boy purchase the puppies?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)