|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Billy bring to Tahlequah to carry the puppies home in?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A backpack.
(c) A box.
(d) A gunny sack.
2. Why does Billy think the sycamore tree falling is an example of divine intervention?
(a) He has a strong faith in God.
(b) The breeze that blows it down does not affect any other tree in the area.
(c) He has prayed for assistance.
(d) He has an unnatural ability to continue chopping despite the pain.
3. How old is Billy when he finally has enough money to buy the puppies?
4. What does the Tahlequah schoolboy do that leads Billy to hit him in Chapter 5?
(a) The boy makes fun of Billy's appearance.
(b) The boy pulls the ears of one of the puppies.
(c) The boy tries to steal the puppies.
(d) The boy steps on Billy's bare foot with his cowboy boot.
5. Why does Billy become concerned when the Tahlequah marshal breaks up the fight?
(a) He is afraid the marshal will confiscate the puppies.
(b) He thinks the marshal will also hit him.
(c) He is afraid the marshal will put him in jail for fighting.
(d) He thinks the marshal will arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
2. What reason does Billy's father provide for Billy's inability to catch a raccoon in his new traps?
3. How does Billy characterize the female puppy in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Billy apologize to the sycamore tree?
5. What impresses the Tahlequah marshal about Billy?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)