1. Who does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notice fighting as he walks home?
(b) A man and a woman.
(d) Two boys.
2. What type of dog is being attacked by the other dogs in Chapter 1?
(a) An Irish setter.
(b) A retriever.
(c) A bloodhound.
(d) A redbone hound dog.
3. What does the unnamed man in Chapter 1 conclude about the dog after noticing his paws are worn?
(a) He has walked through the woods.
(b) He has been abused.
(c) He has traveled a long way.
(d) He has been taken hunting many times.
4. Which of the following is NOT an attribute that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 notices when examining the dog?
(a) He is muddy.
(b) He has unusual markings.
(c) His paws are worn.
(d) He looks malnourished.
5. Which of the following is NOT a way that the unnamed man in Chapter 1 helps the dog?
(a) He allows him to rest.
(b) He takes him to a vet.
(c) He rescues him from the pack of dogs who are attacking him.
(d) He bathes and feeds him.
This section contains 6,222 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)