* An unnamed old man walks home from work and comes upon a dog fight. He notices the dog being attacked is a redbone hound.
* The old man helps the hound out of the fight and takes him home.
* He feeds the dog and nurses his wounds.
* The dog leaves, presumably for the Ozark Mountains.
* The old man lights a fire and begins remembering the dogs of his youth.
* Billy is sick with puppy love. He desperately wants two coon hounds.
* Billy's parents cannot afford two hound puppies, but instead offer him a collie puppy.
* Billy becomes depressed and loses his appetite.
* Billy's mother insists his father do something to help Billy.
* Billy's father asks his son to help him in the fields. Billy enthusiastically agrees.
* Billy discovers an old sportsman's magazine with an ad for redbone hound puppies. Each is $25.
* Billy begins saving money for...
This section contains 1,783 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)