• Chapter 1: The story opens on the Jade River near the Fruitless Mountain in a small village which contains an even smaller home.
• A young girl named Minli lives there with her parents, Ba and Ma.
• Minli asks Ba why nothing grows on Fruitless Mountain and Ba tells her a story.
• In the story, Jade Dragon made the rain across the land until she heard the people complain about the rain; angry, she refused to give any rain to the people and they began to die.
• Jade Dragon's children, Pearl, Yellow, Long and Black, decided to help the people and turned themselves into four rivers.
• Jade Dragon was heart-broken and turned herself into the Jade River.
• Fruitless Mountain, says Ba, is fruitless because it is the place where Jade Dragon's soul is trapped.
• The Mountain will only grow green when her spirit is reunited with her children...
This section contains 2,881 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)