Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
2. Who comes out of the house in question?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
5. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
As a child Christopher revered the great Inspector Kung. As a grown man Christopher meets the Inspector and discovers he has become a disheveled old drunk. How is this a turning point for Christopher? How is Christopher's meeting with Kung a warning to him? How does it drive him forward?
What role does detection play in WHEN WE WERE ORPHANS? What inherent qualities in Christopher's character do you think lead him to this career choice? How do his family circumstances shape him as a detective?
WHEN WE WERE ORPHANS is written in first person. Why is this the most effective choice for Ishiguro's purposes? Discuss the impact of first person on character and story development.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)