Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
2. Who comes out of the house in question?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
5. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
Essay Topic 1
By the end of the novel the reader has traveled with Christopher backwards and forwards in time and from Shanghai to London and back. Starting at the earliest point in time, describe Christopher's journey? Make sure your account has a beginning, middle and end. Having put the story in chronological order, do you understand anything new about the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What is Sarah Hemmings' role in the novel? What does she represent for Christopher? At the end of the novel, Christopher wonders how her life has turned out. What do you think based on what we know about her?
Essay Topic 3
What role does detection play in WHEN WE WERE ORPHANS? What inherent qualities in Christopher's character do you think lead him to this career choice? How do his family circumstances shape him as a detective?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)