Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
2. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
3. What are Christopher's thoughts about Sarah at the end of the book?
4. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
5. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
Most of the novel takes place in London and Shanghai. Compare and contrast these settings. How does Ishiguro use this contrast to develop themes? What are they?
In chapter sixteen, Sarah urges Christopher to run away with her to Macao. What does Macao represent? Why is Macao particularly enticing to Christopher when Sarah asks him? On an emotional level, what prevents Christopher from making it there?
The motif of the outsider is featured in WHEN WE WERE ORPHANS. Choose three scenes from the novel where Ishiguro uses this motif to advance the plot and develop characters. How is this done?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)