Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
2. Who comes out of the house in question?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
5. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
Essay Topic 1
In chapter sixteen, Sarah urges Christopher to run away with her to Macao. What does Macao represent? Why is Macao particularly enticing to Christopher when Sarah asks him? On an emotional level, what prevents Christopher from making it there?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Christopher's relationship with Akira play in the story? How does it evolve? How does it shape the man Christopher becomes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of memory in the novel. What does Christopher say about his own memory? How does what Christopher remembers develop his character?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)