|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
2. Who comes out of the house in question?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
5. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
Essay Topic 1
What is Jennifer's role in the story? What does she represent for Christopher? Why is Christopher so eager to adopt her?
Essay Topic 2
As a child Christopher revered the great Inspector Kung. As a grown man Christopher meets the Inspector and discovers he has become a disheveled old drunk. How is this a turning point for Christopher? How is Christopher's meeting with Kung a warning to him? How does it drive him forward?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Christopher's relationship with Akira play in the story? How does it evolve? How does it shape the man Christopher becomes?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)