|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
(a) If the Japanes win the war.
(b) If Christopher finds his parents.
(c) If Sir Cecil dies.
(d) If someone comes to her rescue.
2. How does Akira respond when he enters the house of the blind man?
(a) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable sobbing.
(b) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.
(c) Akira screams.
(d) Akira faints.
3. What are the date and location of Part IV?
(a) September 15, 1931 in Shanghai.
(b) September 20, 1937 in Shanghai.
(c) November 8, 1958 in London
(d) September 1, 1931 in London.
4. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
(a) The Green Lion Killings.
(b) The Yellow Snake Killings.
(c) The White Cobra Killings.
(d) The Black Bear Killings.
5. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's father?
(a) His father ran off with his mistress.
(b) His father shot himself in the head.
(c) His father died in a boating accident.
(d) His father joined the circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the house in question?
2. What does Christopher find in the house?
3. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
4. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
5. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Philip offer Christopher at the end of their meeting?
2. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
3. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
4. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
5. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
6. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
7. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
8. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
9. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
10. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)