|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date and location of Part VII?
(a) November 14, 1958, London.
(b) November 1, 1956, London.
(c) Novmeber 20, 1952, London.
(d) November 23, 1957, London.
2. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
(a) The soldiers arrest Christopher.
(b) The soldiers beat Christopher up.
(c) The soldiers take Christopher to their camp and take care of him.
(d) The soldiers give Christopher a shot of whisky from a flask.
3. What does Christopher find in the house?
(a) A fish and three human corpses.
(b) Nothing and no one.
(c) A cat and three human corpses.
(d) A dog and three human corpses.
4. Where does the girl urge Christopher to go?
(a) To the city center.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the police station.
(d) Into the house.
5. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
(a) Someone has bombed the British Embassy.
(b) An American warship is firing shells.
(c) A Japanese warship is firing shells.
(d) A Chinese warship is firing shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
2. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
3. What are the date and location of Part IV?
4. How is Christopher's mother when he finds her?
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
2. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
3. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
4. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
5. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
6. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
7. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
8. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
9. What does Uncle Philip offer Christopher at the end of their meeting?
10. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)