|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher find in the house?
(a) A dog and three human corpses.
(b) A fish and three human corpses.
(c) A cat and three human corpses.
(d) Nothing and no one.
2. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
(a) Christopher's money has been coming from Uncle Philip.
(b) Christopher's money has been coming from Wang Ku.
(c) Christopher's money has been coming from his mother.
(d) Christopher's money has been coming from Inspector Kung.
3. Who comes out of the house in question?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) Christopher's father.
(c) A six-year-old girl.
(d) A withered old man.
4. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little pony.
(b) My little sugarplum.
(c) My little angel.
(d) My little vagabond.
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher tell Jennifer about his love life?
2. Where is Christopher told he may find Sir Cecil and Sarah?
3. Why does Christopher's escort leave him?
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
5. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
2. Describe Christopher's reunion with his mother.
3. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
4. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
5. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
6. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
7. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
8. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
9. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
10. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)