|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the date and location of Part IV?
(a) September 15, 1931 in Shanghai.
(b) September 20, 1937 in Shanghai.
(c) November 8, 1958 in London
(d) September 1, 1931 in London.
2. What is the date and location of Part VII?
(a) November 14, 1958, London.
(b) November 23, 1957, London.
(c) Novmeber 20, 1952, London.
(d) November 1, 1956, London.
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little angel.
(b) My little pony.
(c) My little sugarplum.
(d) My little vagabond.
4. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
(a) Christopher feels pessimistic.
(b) Christopher feels optimistic.
(c) Christopher feels cautious.
(d) Christopher feels ambivalent.
5. What is the truth about Christopher's mother?
(a) She runs away to the United States.
(b) Wang Ku takes her as his concubine.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) Uncle Philip shoots her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
2. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
3. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
4. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
5. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)