|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher tell Jennifer about his love life?
(a) Christopher says he has never been in love in his whole life.
(b) Christopher says he hopes to marry again.
(c) Christopher says it is too late for him.
(d) Christopher says he is a homosexual.
2. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's father?
(a) His father shot himself in the head.
(b) His father joined the circus.
(c) His father ran off with his mistress.
(d) His father died in a boating accident.
3. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
(a) Christopher's escort leaves coldly.
(b) Christopher's escort laughs heartily.
(c) Christopher's escort remains calm and polite.
(d) Christopher's escort yells at Christopher.
4. What does Christopher apologize to Jennifer for?
(a) Beating her.
(b) Nagging her.
(c) Not being around more in her childhood.
(d) Tickling her mercilessly.
5. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
(a) A cat that is hurt.
(b) A dog that is hurt.
(c) A bird that is hurt.
(d) A fish that is hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Christopher's mother when he finds her?
2. Where does the girl urge Christopher to go?
3. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
4. What does Uncle Philip ask Christopher to do?
5. How is the girl's Chinese?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
2. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
3. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
4. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
5. Describe Christopher's reunion with his mother.
6. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
7. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
8. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
9. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
10. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)