|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
(c) Inspector Kung.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
2. How does Christopher feel before Uncle Philip tells him what happened to his mother?
(a) As though he were about to ride an enormous rollercoaster.
(b) As though a vast black space had opened up behind him.
(c) As though a gun had been put in his mouth.
(d) As though he were about to fall off a cliff.
3. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A public house.
(c) A safehouse.
(d) A police station.
4. What case does Christopher ask Kung about?
(a) The Foon Chow Fat Poisoning.
(b) The Red Square Massacre.
(c) The Yellow Snake Killings.
(d) The Wu Cheng Lou Shooting Incident.
5. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(b) The meeting goes swimmingly.
(c) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
(d) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
2. What are the date and location of Part VI?
3. What is the truth about Christopher's mother?
4. What does Christopher tell Jennifer about his love life?
5. What do the Japanese soldiers tell Christopher about Akira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
2. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
3. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
4. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
5. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
6. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
7. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
8. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
9. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
10. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)