|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christopher know when he has found the blind man's house?
(a) Christopher recognizes the house from his childhood.
(b) Christopher is told by a man in the street.
(c) Christopher feels it intuitively.
(d) Christopher finds a board on the ground bearing the blind man's name.
2. What do the Japanese soldiers tell Christopher about Akira?
(a) Akira is needed at the base.
(b) Akira is a homosexual.
(c) Akira is suspected of being a traitor.
(d) Akira is a brave soldier.
3. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
4. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
(a) The Yellow Snake Killings.
(b) The White Cobra Killings.
(c) The Black Bear Killings.
(d) The Green Lion Killings.
5. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
(a) A dog that is hurt.
(b) A fish that is hurt.
(c) A bird that is hurt.
(d) A cat that is hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
2. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
3. Who turns out to be the senior intelligence man?
4. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
5. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
2. Describe Christopher's reunion with his mother.
3. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
4. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
5. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
6. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
7. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
8. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
9. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
10. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)