|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
2. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
(a) The South Furnace.
(b) The North Furnace.
(c) The East Furnace.
(d) The West Furnace.
3. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
(a) Christopher's money has been coming from Wang Ku.
(b) Christopher's money has been coming from Inspector Kung.
(c) Christopher's money has been coming from his mother.
(d) Christopher's money has been coming from Uncle Philip.
4. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
5. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
2. What are Christopher's thoughts about Sarah at the end of the book?
3. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
4. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
5. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
2. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
3. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
4. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
5. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
6. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
7. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
8. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
9. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
10. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)