|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
(a) If Christopher finds his parents.
(b) If the Japanes win the war.
(c) If Sir Cecil dies.
(d) If someone comes to her rescue.
2. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's father?
(a) His father joined the circus.
(b) His father ran off with his mistress.
(c) His father shot himself in the head.
(d) His father died in a boating accident.
3. What is the truth about Christopher's mother?
(a) Wang Ku takes her as his concubine.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) Uncle Philip shoots her.
(d) She runs away to the United States.
4. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
(a) The West Furnace.
(b) The South Furnace.
(c) The East Furnace.
(d) The North Furnace.
5. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(c) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
(d) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
2. How is Christopher's mother when he finds her?
3. What are the date and location of Part IV?
4. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
5. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)