|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher find in the house?
(a) A dog and three human corpses.
(b) A cat and three human corpses.
(c) Nothing and no one.
(d) A fish and three human corpses.
2. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
(a) Christopher's escort yells at Christopher.
(b) Christopher's escort leaves coldly.
(c) Christopher's escort remains calm and polite.
(d) Christopher's escort laughs heartily.
3. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
(a) Christopher feels ambivalent.
(b) Christopher feels cautious.
(c) Christopher feels pessimistic.
(d) Christopher feels optimistic.
4. How is the girl's Chinese?
(a) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
(c) Not good.
5. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
(b) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
(c) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
(d) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yellow Snake turn out to be?
2. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
3. What are the date and location of Part IV?
4. Where does the girl urge Christopher to go?
5. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
2. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
3. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
4. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
5. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
6. What does Uncle Philip offer Christopher at the end of their meeting?
7. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
8. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
9. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
10. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)