|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
(a) The car is hit by a rocket.
(b) Christopher and the driver come upon the war zone.
(c) Christopher's driver turns out to be a spy.
(d) The car runs out of gas.
2. Why does Christopher's escort leave him?
(a) Christopher's escort believes Christopher will be safer alone because he is white.
(b) Christopher's escort gets a call from his wife.
(c) Christopher's escort is attempting to sabotage Christopher.
(d) Christopher's escort has pressing business out of town.
3. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
(a) Christopher feels cautious.
(b) Christopher feels pessimistic.
(c) Christopher feels optimistic.
(d) Christopher feels ambivalent.
4. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is wounded.
(b) Kung is pleased.
(c) Kung is insulted.
(d) Kung is unresponsive.
5. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) Nanking Road.
(b) The city center.
(c) A phonograph store.
(d) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
2. What is the date and location of Part VII?
3. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
4. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
5. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
2. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
3. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
4. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
5. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
6. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
7. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
8. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
9. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
10. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)