|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
2. Why does Christopher's escort leave him?
(a) Christopher's escort has pressing business out of town.
(b) Christopher's escort is attempting to sabotage Christopher.
(c) Christopher's escort believes Christopher will be safer alone because he is white.
(d) Christopher's escort gets a call from his wife.
3. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
4. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
(a) The West Furnace.
(b) The North Furnace.
(c) The South Furnace.
(d) The East Furnace.
5. How is Christopher's mother when he finds her?
(a) Christopher's mother has lost her mind and no longer recognizes him.
(b) Christopher's mother is happy and healthy living in Hong Kong.
(c) Chistopher's mother is furious with him for leaving her.
(d) Christopher's mother is catatonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
2. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
3. Who does Yellow Snake turn out to be?
4. What are the date and location of Part VI?
5. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
2. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
3. What does Uncle Philip offer Christopher at the end of their meeting?
4. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
5. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
6. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
7. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
8. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
9. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
10. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)