|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
(a) A spy for Yellow Snake.
(b) An Englishman.
(d) A Chinese spy.
2. What are the date and location of Part VI?
(a) Ocboter 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) October 20, 1937, London.
(c) October 29, 1937, London.
(d) October 20, 1937, Shanghai.
3. Who does Yellow Snake turn out to be?
(a) Uncle Philip.
(c) Christopher's father.
(d) Christopher's mother.
4. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
(a) A police station.
(b) A safehouse.
(c) A public house.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Where does the girl urge Christopher to go?
(a) Into the house.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the city center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes out of the house in question?
2. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
3. What does Uncle Philip ask Christopher to do?
4. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
5. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
2. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
3. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
4. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
5. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
6. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
7. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
8. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
9. What does Christopher learn about Inspector Kung from Morgan?
10. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)