|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the girl's Chinese?
(a) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
(b) Not good.
2. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
(a) Kung fails to remember anything.
(b) Kung remembers there was a maple tree in the front yard.
(c) Kung remembers the house burned down years ago.
(d) Kung remembers it was yellow.
3. How does Akira respond when he enters the house of the blind man?
(a) Akira screams.
(b) Akira faints.
(c) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable sobbing.
(d) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.
4. What are the date and location of Part VI?
(a) October 20, 1937, London.
(b) Ocboter 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(c) October 29, 1937, London.
(d) October 20, 1937, Shanghai.
5. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
2. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
5. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
2. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
3. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
4. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
5. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
6. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
7. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
8. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
9. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
10. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)