|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Christopher's thoughts about Sarah at the end of the book?
(a) Christopher believes Sarah realized her dreams.
(b) Christopher believes Sarah became Wang Ku's concubine.
(c) Christopher is unconvinced Sarah found what she was looking for.
(d) Christopher believes Sarah always loved him.
2. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
(c) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
3. How does Christopher feel before Uncle Philip tells him what happened to his mother?
(a) As though a gun had been put in his mouth.
(b) As though he were about to fall off a cliff.
(c) As though he were about to ride an enormous rollercoaster.
(d) As though a vast black space had opened up behind him.
4. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little sugarplum.
(b) My little pony.
(c) My little vagabond.
(d) My little angel.
5. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
2. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
3. Where does Christopher find Inspector Kung?
4. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
5. Where is Christopher told he may find Sir Cecil and Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
2. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
3. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
4. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
5. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
6. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
7. What does Uncle Philip offer Christopher at the end of their meeting?
8. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
9. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
10. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)