|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the girl's Chinese?
(a) Not good.
(d) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
2. Where is Christopher told he may find Sir Cecil and Sarah?
(b) The Lucky Chance Club.
(d) Lun Chow Road.
3. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
(b) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
(c) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
(d) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
4. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
(b) Christopher's old house.
(c) The Lucky Chance Club.
(d) The city center.
5. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(b) The city center.
(c) Nanking Road.
(d) A phonograph store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
2. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
3. How does Christopher feel before Uncle Philip tells him what happened to his mother?
4. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
5. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
2. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
3. What happens when the lieutenant tells Christopher that they must wait before continuing to Yeh Chen's house?
4. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
5. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
6. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
7. Describe Christopher's reunion with his mother.
8. What does Uncle Philip offer Christopher at the end of their meeting?
9. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
10. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)