|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
(a) If Sir Cecil dies.
(b) If Christopher finds his parents.
(c) If the Japanes win the war.
(d) If someone comes to her rescue.
2. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
(a) The soldiers give Christopher a shot of whisky from a flask.
(b) The soldiers beat Christopher up.
(c) The soldiers arrest Christopher.
(d) The soldiers take Christopher to their camp and take care of him.
3. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
(a) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher's parents.
(b) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher.
(c) The welcoming ceremony for the Americans.
(d) The welcoming ceremony for the Japanese.
4. What does Christopher find in the house?
(a) A cat and three human corpses.
(b) Nothing and no one.
(c) A fish and three human corpses.
(d) A dog and three human corpses.
5. How does Christopher feel before Uncle Philip tells him what happened to his mother?
(a) As though a gun had been put in his mouth.
(b) As though he were about to fall off a cliff.
(c) As though a vast black space had opened up behind him.
(d) As though he were about to ride an enormous rollercoaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
2. Who does Yellow Snake turn out to be?
3. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
4. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
5. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)