|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Japanese soldiers tell Christopher about Akira?
(a) Akira is needed at the base.
(b) Akira is suspected of being a traitor.
(c) Akira is a brave soldier.
(d) Akira is a homosexual.
2. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
(a) Christopher's driver turns out to be a spy.
(b) The car is hit by a rocket.
(c) Christopher and the driver come upon the war zone.
(d) The car runs out of gas.
3. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
(a) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher's parents.
(b) The welcoming ceremony for the Americans.
(c) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher.
(d) The welcoming ceremony for the Japanese.
4. Who comes out of the house in question?
(a) A beautiful young woman.
(b) A withered old man.
(c) A six-year-old girl.
(d) Christopher's father.
5. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police do not trust Christopher.
(b) The police are working for the mob.
(c) The police are short on men.
(d) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
2. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
3. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
4. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
5. What does Christopher apologize to Jennifer for?
Short Essay Questions
1. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
2. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
3. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
4. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
5. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
6. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
7. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
8. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
9. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
10. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)