|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's father?
(a) His father ran off with his mistress.
(b) His father shot himself in the head.
(c) His father joined the circus.
(d) His father died in a boating accident.
2. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
3. Who turns out to be the senior intelligence man?
(a) Mr. Grayson.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(d) Mr. MacDonald.
4. What does Christopher find in the house?
(a) A fish and three human corpses.
(b) Nothing and no one.
(c) A dog and three human corpses.
(d) A cat and three human corpses.
5. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little vagabond.
(b) My little angel.
(c) My little sugarplum.
(d) My little pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
2. How is Christopher's mother when he finds her?
3. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
4. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
5. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
2. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
3. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
4. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
5. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
6. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
7. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
8. What is Jennifer's proposal for herself and Christopher?
9. How does Christopher spend his afternoon before meeting up with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club?
10. What happens to Christopher as he is finishing his lunch on the day he is to leave for Macao?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)