|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
2. Who comes out of the house in question?
(a) A six-year-old girl.
(b) A beautiful young woman.
(c) A withered old man.
(d) Christopher's father.
3. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
(a) The soldiers take Christopher to their camp and take care of him.
(b) The soldiers give Christopher a shot of whisky from a flask.
(c) The soldiers beat Christopher up.
(d) The soldiers arrest Christopher.
4. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
(b) Christopher's old house.
(c) The Lucky Chance Club.
(d) The city center.
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
2. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
3. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
4. How does Christopher feel before Uncle Philip tells him what happened to his mother?
5. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's parents?
2. Describe Christopher and Akira's entry into Yeh Chen's house.
3. Describe Christopher's reunion with his mother.
4. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
5. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
6. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
7. What vital clue does Kung reveal to Christopher?
8. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
9. How is Christopher treated at the police station?
10. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)