|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
(a) Christopher's money has been coming from Uncle Philip.
(b) Christopher's money has been coming from Wang Ku.
(c) Christopher's money has been coming from Inspector Kung.
(d) Christopher's money has been coming from his mother.
2. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
3. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
(b) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
(c) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
(d) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
4. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police are working for the mob.
(b) The police do not trust Christopher.
(c) The police are short on men.
(d) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
5. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
(b) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(c) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
(d) The meeting goes swimmingly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the date and location of Part VI?
2. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
3. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
4. What does Christopher apologize to Jennifer for?
5. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What odd habit does Christopher observe in the people of Shanghai?
2. Describe Christopher's reunion with his mother.
3. At Christopher's welcome party, what is the crowd's response to the explosion heard outside?
4. Describe Christopher's return to his childhood home.
5. What does Christopher do after he is certain he and Akira have not been pursued?
6. How does the man driving Christopher to meet Sarah prove to be very useful?
7. Describe the Inn of Morning Happiness.
8. Describe Christopher's encounter with Sarah and Sir Cecil at the Lucky Chance Club.
9. What happens at the consulate when Christopher asks to meet with Mr. MacDonald?
10. How does Christopher feel about his reunion with Akira?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)