Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police do not trust Christopher.
(b) The police are working for the mob.
(c) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
(d) The police are short on men.
2. Who comes out of the house in question?
(a) A withered old man.
(b) Christopher's father.
(c) A six-year-old girl.
(d) A beautiful young woman.
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little angel.
(b) My little vagabond.
(c) My little sugarplum.
(d) My little pony.
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
(a) Sir Cecil is quite inebriated.
(b) Sir Cecil is very energetic.
(c) Sir Cecil is perfectly lucid.
(d) Sir Cecil is high on opium.
5. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
(a) Morgan is fighting back tears.
(b) Morgan is scattered.
(c) Morgan is urgent in a nonchalant way.
(d) Morgan is comfortable.
6. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
(b) The meeting goes swimmingly.
(c) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(d) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
7. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
8. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
(a) The Green Lion Killings.
(b) The White Cobra Killings.
(c) The Black Bear Killings.
(d) The Yellow Snake Killings.
9. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) A phonograph store.
(b) Nanking Road.
(c) The city center.
(d) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
10. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
11. Why does Christopher's escort leave him?
(a) Christopher's escort believes Christopher will be safer alone because he is white.
(b) Christopher's escort gets a call from his wife.
(c) Christopher's escort has pressing business out of town.
(d) Christopher's escort is attempting to sabotage Christopher.
12. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
13. What is the date and location of Part VII?
(a) Novmeber 20, 1952, London.
(b) November 14, 1958, London.
(c) November 1, 1956, London.
(d) November 23, 1957, London.
14. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
(a) A spy for Yellow Snake.
(c) An Englishman.
(d) A Chinese spy.
15. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
(b) Colonel Chamberlain.
(c) Inspector Kung.
(d) Sarah Hemmings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher find Inspector Kung?
2. What does Uncle Philip say happened to Christopher's father?
3. How is the girl's Chinese?
4. What case does Christopher ask Kung about?
5. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)