|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
2. How does Akira respond when he enters the house of the blind man?
(a) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable sobbing.
(b) Akira faints.
(c) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.
(d) Akira screams.
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little pony.
(b) My little angel.
(c) My little sugarplum.
(d) My little vagabond.
4. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
(a) A harlot.
(b) A princess.
(c) An actress.
(d) A waitress.
5. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
(a) The West Furnace.
(b) The North Furnace.
(c) The South Furnace.
(d) The East Furnace.
6. What are the date and location of Part VI?
(a) Ocboter 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) October 20, 1937, London.
(c) October 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) October 29, 1937, London.
7. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
(a) A fish that is hurt.
(b) A dog that is hurt.
(c) A cat that is hurt.
(d) A bird that is hurt.
8. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
(a) Sir Cecil is very energetic.
(b) Sir Cecil is high on opium.
(c) Sir Cecil is quite inebriated.
(d) Sir Cecil is perfectly lucid.
9. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
(c) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
10. How is the girl's Chinese?
(c) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
(d) Not good.
11. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
(a) The welcoming ceremony for the Japanese.
(b) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher's parents.
(c) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher.
(d) The welcoming ceremony for the Americans.
12. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
(a) An Englishman.
(b) A spy for Yellow Snake.
(c) A Chinese spy.
13. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
(a) Christopher feels optimistic.
(b) Christopher feels cautious.
(c) Christopher feels ambivalent.
(d) Christopher feels pessimistic.
14. What is the date and location of Part VII?
(a) November 14, 1958, London.
(b) November 1, 1956, London.
(c) Novmeber 20, 1952, London.
(d) November 23, 1957, London.
15. What does Uncle Philip ask Christopher to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Take all his money.
(d) Burn down his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Christopher's thoughts about Sarah at the end of the book?
2. What is the truth about Christopher's mother?
3. What does Christopher tell Jennifer about his love life?
4. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
5. Where does Sarah ask Christopher to go with her?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)