|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the date and location of Part VI?
(a) October 29, 1937, London.
(b) October 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(c) October 20, 1937, London.
(d) Ocboter 29, 1937, Shanghai.
2. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
(a) Christopher's escort remains calm and polite.
(b) Christopher's escort leaves coldly.
(c) Christopher's escort yells at Christopher.
(d) Christopher's escort laughs heartily.
3. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
(a) Morgan is urgent in a nonchalant way.
(b) Morgan is fighting back tears.
(c) Morgan is comfortable.
(d) Morgan is scattered.
4. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
5. How does Akira respond when he enters the house of the blind man?
(a) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.
(b) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable sobbing.
(c) Akira faints.
(d) Akira screams.
6. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
(a) An actress.
(b) A princess.
(c) A harlot.
(d) A waitress.
7. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
8. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is unresponsive.
(b) Kung is insulted.
(c) Kung is pleased.
(d) Kung is wounded.
9. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
(a) A Chinese warship is firing shells.
(b) A Japanese warship is firing shells.
(c) Someone has bombed the British Embassy.
(d) An American warship is firing shells.
10. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little pony.
(b) My little vagabond.
(c) My little angel.
(d) My little sugarplum.
11. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) The city center.
(b) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(c) A phonograph store.
(d) Nanking Road.
12. What do the Japanese soldiers tell Christopher about Akira?
(a) Akira is a brave soldier.
(b) Akira is a homosexual.
(c) Akira is needed at the base.
(d) Akira is suspected of being a traitor.
13. What does Christopher apologize to Jennifer for?
(a) Tickling her mercilessly.
(b) Beating her.
(c) Not being around more in her childhood.
(d) Nagging her.
14. What case does Christopher ask Kung about?
(a) The Red Square Massacre.
(b) The Yellow Snake Killings.
(c) The Wu Cheng Lou Shooting Incident.
(d) The Foon Chow Fat Poisoning.
15. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
(a) A bird that is hurt.
(b) A dog that is hurt.
(c) A cat that is hurt.
(d) A fish that is hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
2. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
3. What does Christopher learn about his financial resources?
4. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
5. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)