|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
(a) Sir Cecil is quite inebriated.
(b) Sir Cecil is high on opium.
(c) Sir Cecil is perfectly lucid.
(d) Sir Cecil is very energetic.
2. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
(a) Morgan is scattered.
(b) Morgan is urgent in a nonchalant way.
(c) Morgan is fighting back tears.
(d) Morgan is comfortable.
3. What does Uncle Philip ask Christopher to do?
(a) Burn down his house.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take all his money.
(d) Have him arrested.
4. What do the Japanese soldiers tell Christopher about Akira?
(a) Akira is needed at the base.
(b) Akira is suspected of being a traitor.
(c) Akira is a brave soldier.
(d) Akira is a homosexual.
5. What is the date and location of Part VII?
(a) November 23, 1957, London.
(b) Novmeber 20, 1952, London.
(c) November 14, 1958, London.
(d) November 1, 1956, London.
6. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police are working for the mob.
(b) The police are short on men.
(c) The police do not trust Christopher.
(d) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
7. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
8. Who turns out to be the senior intelligence man?
(a) Mr. MacDonald.
(b) Mr. Grayson.
(c) Inspector Kung.
9. Who finally agrees to escort Christopher?
(a) The lieutenant.
(b) The sergeant.
(c) Inspector Kung.
(d) No one.
10. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) The meeting goes swimmingly.
(b) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(c) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
(d) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
11. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
(a) The Yellow Snake Killings.
(b) The Black Bear Killings.
(c) The Green Lion Killings.
(d) The White Cobra Killings.
12. How does Akira respond when he enters the house of the blind man?
(a) Akira faints.
(b) Akira screams.
(c) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.
(d) Akira breaks into a fit of uncontrollable sobbing.
13. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
(a) Christopher's escort laughs heartily.
(b) Christopher's escort leaves coldly.
(c) Christopher's escort yells at Christopher.
(d) Christopher's escort remains calm and polite.
14. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
15. How does Christopher know when he has found the blind man's house?
(a) Christopher finds a board on the ground bearing the blind man's name.
(b) Christopher recognizes the house from his childhood.
(c) Christopher feels it intuitively.
(d) Christopher is told by a man in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
2. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
3. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
4. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
5. How does Christopher feel before Uncle Philip tells him what happened to his mother?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)