|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
(b) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
(c) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
(d) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
2. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
(b) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(c) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
3. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Being low-life.
(c) Living the high life.
(d) Smoking opium.
4. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
5. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
(a) Beethoven and Mozart.
(b) Chopin and Debussy.
(c) Bizet and Gershwin.
(d) Bach and Stravinsky.
6. What are the date and location of Part VI?
(a) Ocboter 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) October 29, 1937, London.
(c) October 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) October 20, 1937, London.
7. How old is Jennifer at the end of the book?
8. What are the date and location of Part IV?
(a) September 15, 1931 in Shanghai.
(b) September 1, 1931 in London.
(c) November 8, 1958 in London
(d) September 20, 1937 in Shanghai.
9. Where do Morgan and Christopher go?
(a) The city center.
(c) Christopher's old house.
(d) The Lucky Chance Club.
10. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
(a) The Black Bear Killings.
(b) The Yellow Snake Killings.
(c) The Green Lion Killings.
(d) The White Cobra Killings.
11. How many days is Christopher in town before Morgan telephones him?
12. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(b) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(c) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
13. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
(a) An American warship is firing shells.
(b) A Japanese warship is firing shells.
(c) Someone has bombed the British Embassy.
(d) A Chinese warship is firing shells.
14. How is the girl's Chinese?
(a) Not good.
(d) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
15. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
(a) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher.
(b) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher's parents.
(c) The welcoming ceremony for the Americans.
(d) The welcoming ceremony for the Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher know when he has found the blind man's house?
2. What landmark is Christopher looking for?
3. What does Uncle Philip ask Christopher to do?
4. What does Christopher tell Jennifer about his love life?
5. Who does Yellow Snake turn out to be?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)