|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Christopher's mother when he finds her?
(a) Chistopher's mother is furious with him for leaving her.
(b) Christopher's mother is catatonic.
(c) Christopher's mother is happy and healthy living in Hong Kong.
(d) Christopher's mother has lost her mind and no longer recognizes him.
2. What are the date and location of Part VI?
(a) Ocboter 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) October 29, 1937, London.
(c) October 20, 1937, London.
(d) October 20, 1937, Shanghai.
3. What are the date and location of Part IV?
(a) September 1, 1931 in London.
(b) November 8, 1958 in London
(c) September 20, 1937 in Shanghai.
(d) September 15, 1931 in Shanghai.
4. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
(a) The police do not trust Christopher.
(b) The police are short on men.
(c) The police are afraid of the neighborhood.
(d) The police are working for the mob.
5. What does the little girl tell Christopher about?
(a) A cat that is hurt.
(b) A bird that is hurt.
(c) A dog that is hurt.
(d) A fish that is hurt.
6. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is pleased.
(b) Kung is insulted.
(c) Kung is wounded.
(d) Kung is unresponsive.
7. What is the date and location of Part VII?
(a) November 14, 1958, London.
(b) Novmeber 20, 1952, London.
(c) November 23, 1957, London.
(d) November 1, 1956, London.
8. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(b) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(c) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(d) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
9. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
(a) Morgan is urgent in a nonchalant way.
(b) Morgan is fighting back tears.
(c) Morgan is scattered.
(d) Morgan is comfortable.
10. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
(a) Christopher detects a mysterious undertone to the meeting.
(b) Christopher mishandles the meeting.
(c) Christopher is very late for the meeting.
(d) The meeting goes swimmingly.
11. How is the girl's Chinese?
(a) The girl cannot speak Chinese.
(d) Not good.
12. How does Christopher know when he has found the blind man's house?
(a) Christopher finds a board on the ground bearing the blind man's name.
(b) Christopher feels it intuitively.
(c) Christopher recognizes the house from his childhood.
(d) Christopher is told by a man in the street.
13. What does his escort do when Christopher is disrespectful to him?
(a) Christopher's escort laughs heartily.
(b) Christopher's escort yells at Christopher.
(c) Christopher's escort leaves coldly.
(d) Christopher's escort remains calm and polite.
14. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
(a) A Chinese spy.
(b) A spy for Yellow Snake.
(c) An Englishman.
15. What does Christopher apologize to Jennifer for?
(a) Not being around more in her childhood.
(b) Tickling her mercilessly.
(c) Beating her.
(d) Nagging her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
2. What do the Japanese soldiers do with Christopher?
3. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
4. Where does the girl urge Christopher to go?
5. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)