|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
(a) His cap, gown and pigtail.
(b) His smile.
(c) His face.
(d) The cigar he smokes.
2. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(b) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(c) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(d) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
3. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is afraid of him.
(b) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(c) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(d) Christopher is irritated by him.
4. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
5. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
(a) An old English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) A young English woman sent on a tour of the far east by her wealthy parents.
(c) A young man who brings with him the air of English lanes, meadows and foggy streets.
(d) A middle-aged English man working for Morganbrook and Byatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
2. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
3. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
5. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)