|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(b) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(c) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
(d) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
2. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In a cigar box.
(b) In his icebox.
(c) In his scrapbook.
(d) In his wallet.
3. What is the time and place of Part II?
(a) Shanghai, 15th May 1931.
(b) London, 15th May 1931.
(c) London, 8th November 1937.
(d) Shanghai, 8th November 1912.
4. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(d) Old chap.
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(b) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(c) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(d) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
2. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
3. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
4. Where does Christopher find Inspector Kung?
5. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)