|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That he is about to be scolded.
(b) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(c) That his mother is having a stroke.
(d) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
2. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
(b) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
(c) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
(d) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
3. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
(a) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher's parents.
(b) The welcoming ceremony for Christopher.
(c) The welcoming ceremony for the Japanese.
(d) The welcoming ceremony for the Americans.
4. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(b) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
(c) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
(d) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
5. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Christopher's father.
(c) Christopher's mother.
(d) Philip himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
3. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
4. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
5. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)