|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
(b) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(c) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
(d) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
2. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
(a) Wang Ku solicited Christopher's assistance as a detective.
(b) Wang Ku was a household name when he was growing up in Shanghai.
(c) Wang Ku paid a visit to Christopher's mother in Shanghai.
(d) Wang Ku was a frequent visitor at Akira's home in Shanghai.
3. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
(a) Christopher feels cautious.
(b) Christopher feels ambivalent.
(c) Christopher feels optimistic.
(d) Christopher feels pessimistic.
4. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
5. What musical instrument does Uncle Philip encourage Christopher to go with him to see?
(a) A piano.
(b) A violin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A piano accordion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
2. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
3. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
4. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
5. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)