|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Akira respond when Christopher asks him if he will have to go and live in Japan?
(a) Akira says he will go to Japan in one year.
(b) Akira says he will got to Japan in four years.
(c) Akira says he will go to Japan in two years.
(d) Akira says he will stay in Shanghai forever.
2. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Arrogant and boisterous.
(b) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(c) Diffident and high-minded.
(d) Sullen and pessimistic.
3. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
(a) Dull and cold.
(b) Light and breezy.
(c) Dark and dangerous.
(d) Sullen and pious.
4. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
5. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
2. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
3. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
4. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)