|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She has a powerful temper.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She knows a secret about Akira.
2. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
(a) Wang Ku solicited Christopher's assistance as a detective.
(b) Wang Ku was a household name when he was growing up in Shanghai.
(c) Wang Ku paid a visit to Christopher's mother in Shanghai.
(d) Wang Ku was a frequent visitor at Akira's home in Shanghai.
3. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
(a) If the Japanes win the war.
(b) If Sir Cecil dies.
(c) If Christopher finds his parents.
(d) If someone comes to her rescue.
4. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(a) Inspector Kung.
(d) His mother.
5. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a triffling matter.
(b) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(c) As a pain in the neck.
(d) As a matter of solemn importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
3. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
4. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
5. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)