|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
(a) A fine man.
(b) A very charming man.
(c) An agent of the devil.
(d) The ugliest man she has ever seen.
2. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
(a) The coffee table.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A flower pot.
(d) The display cabinet.
3. How do Akira and Christopher dress when they play outside?
(a) Pants, shirts and baseball caps.
(b) Traditional Chinese clothing.
(c) Shirts, shorts and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(d) Short pants and jackets, and on hotter days, a sunhat.
4. What is the cause of the explosion that rocks the ball room while Grayson and Christopher are speaking?
(a) A Chinese warship is firing shells.
(b) A Japanese warship is firing shells.
(c) Someone has bombed the British Embassy.
(d) An American warship is firing shells.
5. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
(a) The cigar he smokes.
(b) His smile.
(c) His face.
(d) His cap, gown and pigtail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
2. What ceremony does Mr. Grayson claim to be in charge of?
3. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
4. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
5. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)