|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
(a) A fine man.
(b) The ugliest man she has ever seen.
(c) A very charming man.
(d) An agent of the devil.
2. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(a) Old chap.
3. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In his scrapbook.
(b) In his icebox.
(c) In a cigar box.
(d) In his wallet.
4. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
(a) Dull and cold.
(b) Sullen and pious.
(c) Dark and dangerous.
(d) Light and breezy.
5. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(b) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
(c) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
2. What does Kung remember about the house his men could not gain entry to?
3. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
4. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
5. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)