|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Akira respond when Christopher asks him if he will have to go and live in Japan?
(a) Akira says he will stay in Shanghai forever.
(b) Akira says he will go to Japan in two years.
(c) Akira says he will go to Japan in one year.
(d) Akira says he will got to Japan in four years.
2. How is Christopher greeted at the police station?
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) A fashionable club across the street.
(c) The billiard room.
(d) The ballroom.
4. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That he is about to be scolded.
(b) That his mother is having a stroke.
(c) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(d) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
5. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
(a) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fills Christopher with anxiety.
(b) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip indifferently.
(c) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fondly.
(d) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip causes Christopher significant pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
2. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
3. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
4. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
5. How does Akira feel about Ling Tien?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)