|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The parlor.
(c) A fashionable club across the street.
(d) The billiard room.
2. What is the last thing Uncle Philip says to Christopher?
(a) I want you to like me.
(b) I love you.
(c) I think you are very English.
(d) I didn't want to hurt you.
3. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
(a) Sir Cecil is quite inebriated.
(b) Sir Cecil is perfectly lucid.
(c) Sir Cecil is high on opium.
(d) Sir Cecil is very energetic.
4. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(c) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(d) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
2. Why can the police not send someone with Christopher to the blind man's house?
3. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
4. What is the date of Part III?
5. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)