|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
2. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
(b) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
(c) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
(d) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
3. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(c) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(d) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
4. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(b) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
(c) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(d) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
5. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
(b) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
2. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
3. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
4. What does Christopher remember about the days immediately following his failure to take the lotion back to Ling Tien's room?
5. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)