|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) Colonel Chamberlain.
(d) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
2. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(b) Christopher is afraid of him.
(c) Christopher is irritated by him.
(d) Christopher is quite fond of him.
3. How do Akira and Christopher dress when they play outside?
(a) Shirts, shorts and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(b) Traditional Chinese clothing.
(c) Short pants and jackets, and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(d) Pants, shirts and baseball caps.
4. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) The opium trade in China.
(b) Organized crime in London.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Economic prosperity in Britain.
5. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The Chinese areas.
(b) The English areas.
(c) The American areas.
(d) The Japanese areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
2. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
3. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
4. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
5. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)