|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Sunny and windy.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(d) Hot and humid.
2. Who does young Christopher see being very familiar with the plump-faced man?
(a) Uncle Philip.
(b) Christopher's mother.
(c) Christopher's father.
3. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
4. Who does the Japanese soldier Christopher come upon turn out to be?
(b) A Chinese spy.
(c) A spy for Yellow Snake.
(d) An Englishman.
5. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
(b) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(c) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(d) Akira is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
2. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
5. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)