|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
2. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
(b) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
(c) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
(d) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(b) The opium trade in China.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Organized crime in London.
4. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Leave her husband.
(b) Get rid of the servants.
(c) Watch the New Year's parade.
(d) Leave Shanghai immediately.
5. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is unresponsive.
(b) Kung is insulted.
(c) Kung is wounded.
(d) Kung is pleased.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher's morning meeting with MacDonald go?
2. Where does Christopher find Inspector Kung?
3. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
4. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
5. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)