|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
(a) Christopher's father.
(b) Christopher's mother.
(d) Uncle Philip.
2. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(b) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(c) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
3. What is Morgan's manner like when he and Christopher meet?
(a) Morgan is fighting back tears.
(b) Morgan is urgent in a nonchalant way.
(c) Morgan is comfortable.
(d) Morgan is scattered.
4. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
5. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(b) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(c) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
2. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
3. Why does Christopher's escort leave him?
4. How does old Christopher recognize Wang Ku in the photograph?
5. What are the date and location of Part IV?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)