|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) Mr. Banks's study.
(b) The Public Gardens.
(c) Downtown Shanghai.
(d) Their backyard.
2. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Christopher's father.
(b) Philip himself.
(d) Christopher's mother.
3. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The American areas.
(b) The Japanese areas.
(c) The English areas.
(d) The Chinese areas.
4. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
(a) The Black Bear Killings.
(b) The White Cobra Killings.
(c) The Green Lion Killings.
(d) The Yellow Snake Killings.
5. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
(c) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
2. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
3. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
4. Who does young Christopher see being very familiar with the plump-faced man?
5. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)