|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) In his icebox.
(c) In his scrapbook.
(d) In a cigar box.
2. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(b) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(c) Christopher start smoking opium.
(d) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
3. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
(a) The car is hit by a rocket.
(b) Christopher and the driver come upon the war zone.
(c) The car runs out of gas.
(d) Christopher's driver turns out to be a spy.
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Playing cricket.
(b) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(c) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
(d) Selling children into slavery.
5. What game do Christopher and Akira invent?
(a) A spy game where Christopher and Akira hunt down druglords.
(b) A magic game where Christopher and Akira cast spells on Ling Tien.
(c) A detective game where Christopher and Akira rescue Mr. Banks.
(d) An army game where Christopher and Akira attack America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
3. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
4. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
5. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)