|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(b) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(c) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
2. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Inspector Kung.
3. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
4. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
(b) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
5. Under what circumstances would Sarah leave Shanghai?
(a) If someone comes to her rescue.
(b) If the Japanes win the war.
(c) If Christopher finds his parents.
(d) If Sir Cecil dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
2. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
5. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)