|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
(a) Uncle Philip had just gotten a hair cut.
(b) Uncle Philip seemed to be preoccupied.
(c) Uncle Philip had a big wad of money.
(d) Uncle Phillip seemed not to be on Christopher's family's side.
2. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
(a) Ling Tien invites Akira and Christopher in for tea.
(b) Akira and Christopher sneak in while Ling Tien is at daily prayers.
(c) Akira and Christopher enter quietly while Ling Tien is asleep.
(d) Ling Tien goes away to his home village and Akira and Christopher sneak in.
3. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
(a) Christopher's mother.
(b) Uncle Philip.
(c) Christopher's father.
4. How does Christopher get back to his house?
(a) Christopher rides his bicycle.
(b) Christopher hails a taxi.
(c) Christopher runs home.
(d) Christopher walks.
5. What are the date and location of Part V?
(a) September 29, 1931, Shanghai.
(b) September 23, 1931, Shanghai.
(c) September 29, 1937, Shanghai.
(d) September 20, 1937, Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
2. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
3. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
4. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
5. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)