|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
(b) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(c) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
(d) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
2. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
3. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the subway.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the curb waiting for a cab.
4. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
(a) Akira's tendency to disappear for long periods of time.
(b) Akira's preoccupation with his bodily functions.
(c) Akira's incessant harping on the achievements of the Japanese.
(d) Akira's overblown appreciation of his personal virtues.
5. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(b) Sullen and pessimistic.
(c) Diffident and high-minded.
(d) Arrogant and boisterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Banks' "library" like?
2. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
3. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
4. How does Christopher get back to his house?
5. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)