|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
(a) His face.
(b) His smile.
(c) The cigar he smokes.
(d) His cap, gown and pigtail.
2. How many days pass before Christopher sees Akira on Etsuko's bicycle?
(a) Five or six days.
(b) Three or four days.
(c) One or two days.
(d) Two or three days.
3. What becomes of Inspector Kung?
(a) Kung becomes a drunk and an opium addict.
(b) Kung becomes the most successful detective in all of Asia.
(c) Kung is murdered in a bar fight.
(d) Kung becomes a Buddhist monk.
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
(b) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
(c) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(d) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
5. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
(b) That his mother is having a stroke.
(c) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(d) That he is about to be scolded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
2. What is Akira's reaction when he discovers a tear in his kimono?
3. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
4. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
5. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)