|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(b) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(c) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
(d) Akira is silent.
2. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(b) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
(d) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
5. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(b) Selling children into slavery.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. How does Christopher feel about his chances of bringing his case in Shanghai to a happy conclusion?
3. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
4. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)