|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Akira and Christopher dress when they play outside?
(a) Shirts, shorts and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(b) Traditional Chinese clothing.
(c) Short pants and jackets, and on hotter days, a sunhat.
(d) Pants, shirts and baseball caps.
2. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
(a) Akira buries it in his backyard.
(b) Akira's sister returns it.
(c) Akira's mother finds it and scolds him.
(d) Akira burns it in the fireplace.
3. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira is silent.
(b) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(c) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(d) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
4. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he must think about it.
(b) Christopher declines.
(c) Christopher accepts.
(d) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
5. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
(a) Cozy and dark.
(b) Short and wide.
(c) Tall and narrow.
(d) Tall and wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
2. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
3. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
4. What is the date of Part III?
5. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)