|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kung respond when Christopher identifies himself as a long time fan?
(a) Kung is pleased.
(b) Kung is wounded.
(c) Kung is insulted.
(d) Kung is unresponsive.
2. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(b) A lively party.
(c) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
3. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
(a) A princess.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A harlot.
(d) An actress.
4. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
(b) Holding hands.
5. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(b) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(c) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(d) Christopher start smoking opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killings does Christopher ask MacDonald about?
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
3. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
4. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)