|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
(a) Sir Cecil is perfectly lucid.
(b) Sir Cecil is very energetic.
(c) Sir Cecil is quite inebriated.
(d) Sir Cecil is high on opium.
2. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
(a) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip causes Christopher significant pain.
(b) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fills Christopher with anxiety.
(c) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip indifferently.
(d) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fondly.
3. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
(a) Akira buries it in his backyard.
(b) Akira's sister returns it.
(c) Akira burns it in the fireplace.
(d) Akira's mother finds it and scolds him.
4. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
(a) In Akira's backyard.
(b) In downtown Shanghai.
(c) In Akira's backyard.
(d) Beside the canal.
5. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(a) Christopher's parents.
(c) Inspector Kung.
(d) Morganbrook and Byatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
3. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
4. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
5. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)