|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
(a) Christopher has been selected for a prestigious honor at school.
(b) Akira has returned from Japan.
(c) The Banks family will return to England.
(d) She has purchased Christopher a pony.
2. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In a cigar box.
(b) In his scrapbook.
(c) In his wallet.
(d) In his icebox.
3. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
(a) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fondly.
(b) Christopher remembers the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip indifferently.
(c) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip causes Christopher significant pain.
(d) Remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip fills Christopher with anxiety.
4. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
(a) Leave the adults alone in the dining room.
(b) Serve cocktails for those attending the meeting.
(c) Go to town with his Uncle Philip.
(d) Go to Akira's house.
5. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A secret meeting.
(b) A major disappointment.
(c) An enchanting evening.
(d) A trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
2. What is Akira's reaction when he discovers a tear in his kimono?
3. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
4. How many days pass before Christopher sees Akira on Etsuko's bicycle?
5. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)