|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(b) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
2. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) On the subway.
(d) On the curb waiting for a cab.
3. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She has a powerful temper.
(b) She knows a secret about Akira.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She is beautiful.
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Joe Turner.
(c) Colonel Chamberlain.
(d) James Osbourne.
5. Who does young Christopher see being very familiar with the plump-faced man?
(b) Christopher's mother.
(c) Uncle Philip.
(d) Christopher's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
2. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
3. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
4. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
5. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)