|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do Akira and Christopher enter Ling Tien's room?
2. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(b) Hot and humid.
(c) Sunny and windy.
(d) Cold and rainy.
3. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(b) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(c) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
4. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
5. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) Mr. Banks's study.
(b) Downtown Shanghai.
(c) Their backyard.
(d) The Public Gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
2. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
3. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
4. How does Christopher get back to his house?
5. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)