|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
(c) He has lost his way.
(d) He ran away.
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(b) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
3. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A major disappointment.
(b) A trap.
(c) An enchanting evening.
(d) A secret meeting.
4. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
(a) Kung Po.
(b) Wang Chu.
5. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Joe Turner.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
3. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. How do Akira and Christopher dress when they play outside?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)