|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(b) Selling children into slavery.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
2. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(c) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
(d) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
3. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Arrogant and boisterous.
(b) Sullen and pessimistic.
(c) Diffident and high-minded.
(d) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
4. How does Christopher get back to his house?
(a) Christopher hails a taxi.
(b) Christopher runs home.
(c) Christopher rides his bicycle.
(d) Christopher walks.
5. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
(b) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
(c) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
(d) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Uncle Philip says to Christopher?
2. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
3. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
4. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
5. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)