|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
2. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
(a) Uncle Philip seemed to be preoccupied.
(b) Uncle Phillip seemed not to be on Christopher's family's side.
(c) Uncle Philip had just gotten a hair cut.
(d) Uncle Philip had a big wad of money.
3. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(b) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(c) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
4. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
5. How many days pass before Christopher sees Akira on Etsuko's bicycle?
(a) One or two days.
(b) Five or six days.
(c) Three or four days.
(d) Two or three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
3. How does Akira feel about Ling Tien?
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
5. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)