|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) Mr. Banks's study.
(b) The Public Gardens.
(c) Their backyard.
(d) Downtown Shanghai.
2. Where does Christopher keep his newspaper photograph of Wang Ku?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) In a cigar box.
(c) In his icebox.
(d) In his scrapbook.
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The ballroom.
(c) The billiard room.
(d) A fashionable club across the street.
4. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(b) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(c) Christopher start smoking opium.
(d) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
5. What musical instrument does Uncle Philip encourage Christopher to go with him to see?
(a) A piano accordion.
(b) A violin.
(c) A piano.
(d) A flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
3. How does remembering the end of his relationship with Uncle Philip make Christopher feel?
4. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
5. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)