|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
(a) Uncle Philip had just gotten a hair cut.
(b) Uncle Philip seemed to be preoccupied.
(c) Uncle Philip had a big wad of money.
(d) Uncle Phillip seemed not to be on Christopher's family's side.
2. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he must think about it.
(b) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(c) Christopher accepts.
(d) Christopher declines.
3. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
(a) On bicycles.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) In a motorcar.
(d) On foot.
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(b) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(c) Christopher is afraid of him.
(d) Christopher is irritated by him.
5. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
(b) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(c) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(d) Akira is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
2. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
3. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
4. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
5. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)