|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(a) Christopher's parents.
(b) Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) Inspector Kung.
2. On what day do Akira and Christopher enter Ling Tien's room?
3. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is irritated by him.
(b) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(c) Christopher is afraid of him.
(d) Christopher is quite fond of him.
5. Who causes Christopher to lower his guard?
(b) Uncle Philip.
(c) Christopher's father.
(d) Christopher's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
2. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
3. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
4. Who does young Christopher see being very familiar with the plump-faced man?
5. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)