|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
(a) His cap, gown and pigtail.
(b) His face.
(c) The cigar he smokes.
(d) His smile.
2. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
(a) The countryside.
(b) The cricket match.
(c) The harbour.
(d) The racecourse.
3. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(c) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Selling children into slavery.
(b) Playing cricket.
(c) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(d) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
5. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She has a powerful temper.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She knows a secret about Akira.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
2. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
3. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
4. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
5. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)