|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(d) On the subway.
2. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a pain in the neck.
(b) As a matter of solemn importance.
(c) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(d) As a triffling matter.
3. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Joe Turner.
(b) James Osbourne.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
5. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
(b) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
(c) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
(d) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does young Christopher see being very familiar with the plump-faced man?
2. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
3. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
4. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
5. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)