|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(b) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
(c) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
(d) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
2. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A maple tree.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) A bonzai tree.
(d) An oak tree.
3. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Sullen and pessimistic.
(b) Diffident and high-minded.
(c) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(d) Arrogant and boisterous.
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Playing cricket.
(b) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(c) Selling children into slavery.
(d) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
5. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(d) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
4. What is the last thing Uncle Philip says to Christopher?
5. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)