|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
(a) Christopher's father falls off a horse.
(b) Christopher's father is fired from Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) Christopher's father disappears.
(d) Christopher's father is hit by a car.
2. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
(a) A fine man.
(b) The ugliest man she has ever seen.
(c) A very charming man.
(d) An agent of the devil.
3. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Philip himself.
(b) Christopher's mother.
(c) Christopher's father.
4. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The Japanese areas.
(b) The Chinese areas.
(c) The English areas.
(d) The American areas.
5. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(b) Akira is silent.
(c) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
(d) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
2. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
3. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
4. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
5. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)