|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Colonel Chamberlain.
(b) Sarah Hemmings.
(c) Joe Turner.
(d) James Osbourne.
2. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The billiard room.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) A fashionable club across the street.
3. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
(a) Christopher is amused by the encounter.
(b) Christopher is bewildered by the experience.
(c) Christopher is deeply saddened by the experience.
(d) Christopher has no particular reaction to the moment.
4. What is the last thing Uncle Philip says to Christopher?
(a) I think you are very English.
(b) I love you.
(c) I want you to like me.
(d) I didn't want to hurt you.
5. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
(a) Christopher's father is fired from Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) Christopher's father disappears.
(c) Christopher's father is hit by a car.
(d) Christopher's father falls off a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
2. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
3. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
4. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
5. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)