|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
(b) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
(c) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(d) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
2. How many days pass before Christopher sees Akira on Etsuko's bicycle?
(a) Two or three days.
(b) One or two days.
(c) Three or four days.
(d) Five or six days.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(b) A lively party.
(c) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
4. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That he is about to be scolded.
(b) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
(c) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(d) That his mother is having a stroke.
5. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) James Osbourne.
(b) Colonel Chamberlain.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Joe Turner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
2. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
4. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
5. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)