|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do Akira and Christopher enter Ling Tien's room?
2. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She is strong.
(b) She knows a secret about Akira.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She has a powerful temper.
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(b) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(c) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(d) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
4. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(a) Old chap.
5. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Sunny and windy.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(d) Hot and humid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. Years later what does Christopher recognize about the plump-faced man?
3. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
4. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)