|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(c) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(d) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
2. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
(a) Christopher's father is fired from Morganbrook and Byatt.
(b) Christopher's father is hit by a car.
(c) Christopher's father falls off a horse.
(d) Christopher's father disappears.
3. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
(b) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
(c) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
(d) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
4. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(b) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(c) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(d) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
5. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
(a) Christopher discovers Akira waiting for him.
(b) Christopher discover his house has been burned to the ground.
(c) Christopher discovers his mother has been abducted.
(d) Christopher discovers his father has returned home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
4. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
5. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)