|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
(a) The Banks family will return to England.
(b) Christopher has been selected for a prestigious honor at school.
(c) Akira has returned from Japan.
(d) She has purchased Christopher a pony.
2. What does Christopher's mother call the plump-faced man?
(a) An agent of the devil.
(b) A very charming man.
(c) The ugliest man she has ever seen.
(d) A fine man.
3. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
(a) The story inspires Christopher to dabble in magic.
(b) Christopher is highly pleased by the story.
(c) The story makes Christopher afraid of Akira.
(d) Christopher is upset by the story.
4. What becomes of Ling Tien's bottle of lotion?
(a) Akira burns it in the fireplace.
(b) Akira's sister returns it.
(c) Akira buries it in his backyard.
(d) Akira's mother finds it and scolds him.
5. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
(a) Uncle Philip had just gotten a hair cut.
(b) Uncle Phillip seemed not to be on Christopher's family's side.
(c) Uncle Philip had a big wad of money.
(d) Uncle Philip seemed to be preoccupied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
2. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
3. What is Christopher's initial response to the plump-faced man?
4. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
5. What is the name of the road whose side streets are so heavily trafficked?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)