|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(b) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(d) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
2. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) James Osbourne.
(d) Sarah Hemmings.
3. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(b) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(c) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(d) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
4. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he must think about it.
(b) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(c) Christopher accepts.
(d) Christopher declines.
5. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A cricket bat.
(c) A croquet set.
(d) A woopie cushion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
2. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
4. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
5. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)