|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) An enchanting evening.
(b) A trap.
(c) A major disappointment.
(d) A secret meeting.
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A public house.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A quaint tea room.
4. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(b) Sullen and pessimistic.
(c) Arrogant and boisterous.
(d) Diffident and high-minded.
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Twenty four hours.
(b) Many weeks.
(c) Over two years.
(d) No more than a few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
4. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
5. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)