|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(d) On the subway.
2. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) The opium trade in China.
(b) Organized crime in London.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Economic prosperity in Britain.
3. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A woopie cushion.
(c) A croquet set.
(d) A cricket bat.
4. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
5. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
(b) Knotting Hill.
(d) Hyde Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
4. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)