|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
2. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(b) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(c) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
(d) At the Lucky Chance Club.
3. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Over two years.
(b) No more than a few days.
(c) Twenty four hours.
(d) Many weeks.
4. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the subway.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the curb waiting for a cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
2. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
4. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)