|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(d) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
2. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(c) His mother.
(d) Inspector Kung.
3. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(b) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(c) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
4. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(b) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(d) Charles Emory.
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
2. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
4. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)