|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(b) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(c) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
2. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
(b) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
(c) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
(d) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
3. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(c) His mother.
(d) Inspector Kung.
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Colonel Chamberlain.
(c) Joe Turner.
(d) James Osbourne.
5. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(b) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(c) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(d) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
2. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
4. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
5. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)