|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) James Osbourne.
(c) Joe Turner.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(b) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(c) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
(d) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
4. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
5. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
(b) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
(c) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
(d) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
2. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
4. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
5. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)