|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A quaint tea room.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A public house.
2. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They are old school friends.
(b) They play football together.
(c) They are cricket teammates.
(d) They belong to the same club.
3. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(b) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
(c) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(d) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
4. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A cricket bat.
(b) A woopie cushion.
(c) A magnifying glass.
(d) A croquet set.
5. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
4. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)