|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(b) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(c) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(d) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
2. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
3. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
(b) His mother.
(d) Inspector Kung.
4. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(b) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(b) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
2. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
5. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)