|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(b) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(c) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(d) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
2. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) A fashionable club across the street.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The billiard room.
3. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Diffident and high-minded.
(b) Sullen and pessimistic.
(c) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(d) Arrogant and boisterous.
4. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A public house.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A quaint tea room.
5. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A woopie cushion.
(b) A croquet set.
(c) A cricket bat.
(d) A magnifying glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
3. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
4. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)