|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
(b) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
(c) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
(d) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A very fancy restaurant.
(b) A public house.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A quaint tea room.
4. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(b) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(d) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
3. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
4. What kind of publishing does Osbourne say he is thinking of going into?
5. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)