|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A major disappointment.
(b) A secret meeting.
(c) A trap.
(d) An enchanting evening.
2. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
3. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(b) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(c) Christopher start smoking opium.
(d) Christopher will be abducted himself.
4. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(b) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(d) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
5. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
3. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
4. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
5. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)