|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) An enchanting evening.
(b) A secret meeting.
(c) A major disappointment.
(d) A trap.
3. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
(b) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
(c) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
(d) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
4. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The billiard room.
(d) A fashionable club across the street.
5. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(d) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
2. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
3. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)