|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(b) Organized crime in London.
(c) The Great War.
(d) The opium trade in China.
2. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
(a) He says Christopher is too short to be a Sherlock.
(b) He says Christopher is too fat to be a Sherlock.
(c) He says Christopher is too poor to be a Sherlock.
(d) He says Christopher is too irresponsible to be a Sherlock.
3. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
(b) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
(c) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(d) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
4. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Inspector Kung.
(c) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(d) James Osbourne.
5. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
(b) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(c) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(d) Christopher start smoking opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
3. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
4. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
5. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)