|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(b) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(c) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(d) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
2. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(c) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(d) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
3. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They play football together.
(b) They are cricket teammates.
(c) They are old school friends.
(d) They belong to the same club.
4. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
(a) He feels deeply ashamed of his ambition.
(b) He feels he must tell absolutely everyone.
(c) He feels it is something he ought to keep to himself.
(d) He feels like he may give it up to become a fireman.
5. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
(a) A secret meeting.
(b) A trap.
(c) An enchanting evening.
(d) A major disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
4. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
5. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)