|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(b) Charles Emory.
2. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Organized crime in London.
(b) The opium trade in China.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Economic prosperity in Britain.
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
4. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The parlor.
(b) A fashionable club across the street.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The billiard room.
5. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
(b) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(c) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
(d) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
2. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
3. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
4. According to Osbourne, Christopher always used to quiz him about what?
5. When Christopher comes to London from Cambridge he takes a flat in what neighborhood?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)