|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Arrogant and boisterous.
(b) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(c) Diffident and high-minded.
(d) Sullen and pessimistic.
2. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A quaint tea room.
(b) A public house.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A very fancy restaurant.
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The billiard room.
(b) A fashionable club across the street.
(c) The parlor.
(d) The ballroom.
4. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(b) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(b) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(c) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(d) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
2. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
3. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
4. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
5. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)