|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
2. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(b) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(c) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(d) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
3. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
(a) The silver-haired man offers to loan Christopher his car.
(b) The silver-haired man offers to sneak Christopher out of the party through the back door.
(c) The silver-haired man offers Christopher his shoes.
(d) The silver-haired man offers to tell Christopher who everyone is and introduce him if he likes.
4. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
(a) He says Christopher is too fat to be a Sherlock.
(b) He says Christopher is too irresponsible to be a Sherlock.
(c) He says Christopher is too short to be a Sherlock.
(d) He says Christopher is too poor to be a Sherlock.
5. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A modest inn.
(b) A public house.
(c) A very fancy restaurant.
(d) A quaint tea room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
2. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
5. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)