|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(b) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(c) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
2. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The parlor.
(c) A fashionable club across the street.
(d) The billiard room.
4. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
(b) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(c) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
(d) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
2. What does the silver-haired man offer Christopher?
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
5. Whom does Christopher glimpse while enjoying tea and scones at the Waldorf Hotel?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)