|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Diffident and high-minded.
(b) Sullen and pessimistic.
(c) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(d) Arrogant and boisterous.
2. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They are old school friends.
(b) They belong to the same club.
(c) They are cricket teammates.
(d) They play football together.
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Charles Emory.
(c) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
4. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
(b) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(c) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
(d) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
5. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
(b) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(c) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
(d) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
2. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
4. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
5. What does the event Osbourne takes Christopher to turn out to be?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)