|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That he is about to be scolded.
(b) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(c) That his mother is having a stroke.
(d) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
2. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
3. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Many weeks.
(c) No more than a few days.
(d) Twenty four hours.
4. What is Christopher's relationship to James Osbourne?
(a) They belong to the same club.
(b) They are cricket teammates.
(c) They are old school friends.
(d) They play football together.
5. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
(b) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
(c) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
(d) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
2. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
4. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)