|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He has lost his way.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
(d) He ran away.
2. How does Osbourne offend Christopher?
(a) Osbourne claims Christopher was "such an odd bird in school."
(b) Osbourne breaks Christopher's china.
(c) Osbourne insults Christopher's cooking.
(d) Osbourne calls Christopher's mother a "loose woman."
3. What do Christopher's friends give him for his fourteenth birthday?
(a) A magnifying glass.
(b) A woopie cushion.
(c) A croquet set.
(d) A cricket bat.
4. In chapter one Christopher remembers coming from Cambridge to London in the summer of which year?
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
2. As a child what is Christopher's feeling about his ambition to become a great detective?
3. What does Roger Brenthurst say about Christopher in high school?
4. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
5. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)