|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
(b) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(c) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
(d) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
2. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He has lost his way.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(b) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(c) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(d) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
4. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The Japanese areas.
(b) The Chinese areas.
(c) The English areas.
(d) The American areas.
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) No more than a few days.
(c) Over two years.
(d) Twenty four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
2. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
3. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
4. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)