|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Sullen and pessimistic.
(b) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(c) Arrogant and boisterous.
(d) Diffident and high-minded.
2. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(b) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(b) Charles Emory.
(c) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
4. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
5. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(a) Old chap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
4. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
5. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)