|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(b) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(c) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
2. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(d) Charles Emory.
3. How does Sarah react to Christopher at the Mayfair party?
(a) Sarah greets Christopher warmly.
(b) Sarah pleads with Christopher to take her to a dance.
(c) Sarah puts Christopher down in front of the whole room.
(d) Sarah nods in recognition, but otherwise ignores Christopher.
4. What is the time and place of Part II?
(a) London, 15th May 1931.
(b) Shanghai, 15th May 1931.
(c) Shanghai, 8th November 1912.
(d) London, 8th November 1937.
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the subway.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(d) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
2. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
3. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
4. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)