|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
(b) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
(c) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
(d) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
2. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age five.
(b) Age eight.
(c) Age seven.
(d) Age six.
3. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
(a) Akira's preoccupation with his bodily functions.
(b) Akira's overblown appreciation of his personal virtues.
(c) Akira's incessant harping on the achievements of the Japanese.
(d) Akira's tendency to disappear for long periods of time.
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
(b) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
(c) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(d) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
5. What is the time and place of Part II?
(a) Shanghai, 8th November 1912.
(b) London, 8th November 1937.
(c) London, 15th May 1931.
(d) Shanghai, 15th May 1931.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
3. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
5. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)