|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Twenty four hours.
(b) Over two years.
(c) No more than a few days.
(d) Many weeks.
2. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(c) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
3. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(d) On the subway.
4. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
(a) Go to town with his Uncle Philip.
(b) Leave the adults alone in the dining room.
(c) Serve cocktails for those attending the meeting.
(d) Go to Akira's house.
5. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(b) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
(c) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(d) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
2. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
3. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)