|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(b) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(c) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
2. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
(a) A sprawling "French" lawn.
(b) An ornate "Chinese" lawn.
(c) A simple "Japanese" lawn.
(d) A carefully tended "English" lawn.
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A quaint tea room.
(b) A very fancy restaurant.
(c) A public house.
(d) A modest inn.
4. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Watch the New Year's parade.
(b) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(c) Get rid of the servants.
(d) Leave her husband.
5. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(b) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
(c) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(d) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
2. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
3. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
4. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
5. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)