|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
(a) An ornate "Chinese" lawn.
(b) A carefully tended "English" lawn.
(c) A sprawling "French" lawn.
(d) A simple "Japanese" lawn.
2. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(c) Charles Emory.
(d) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
3. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
4. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
(a) The Japanese areas.
(b) The Chinese areas.
(c) The American areas.
(d) The English areas.
5. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(b) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
(c) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(d) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
3. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
4. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)