|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
(a) Christopher has been selected for a prestigious honor at school.
(b) The Banks family will return to England.
(c) Akira has returned from Japan.
(d) She has purchased Christopher a pony.
2. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(b) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
3. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A modest inn.
(b) A very fancy restaurant.
(c) A quaint tea room.
(d) A public house.
4. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(b) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(c) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
(d) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
5. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
(a) Serve cocktails for those attending the meeting.
(b) Go to town with his Uncle Philip.
(c) Leave the adults alone in the dining room.
(d) Go to Akira's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
2. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
3. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)