|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Twenty four hours.
(c) No more than a few days.
(d) Many weeks.
2. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
(a) That he is about to be scolded.
(b) That his mother is having a stroke.
(c) That his mother is about to surprise him.
(d) That his mother is about to yell at his father.
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(b) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(c) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(d) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
4. What is Colonel Chamberlain's relationship to Christopher?
(a) The Colonel is Christopher's uncle.
(b) The Colonel takes Christopher from Shanghai to England after his parents' abductions.
(c) The Colonel becomes Christopher's guardian when he comes to London.
(d) The Colonel is Christopher's second cousin.
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's reaction to the "bursting-in" moment his father referred to?
2. Where is Mr. Banks's study?
3. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
4. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
5. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)