|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what terms do Christopher and Sarah leave after the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher and Sarah leave suspicious of one another.
(b) Christopher and Sarah leave in love with one another.
(c) Christopher and Sarah leave on friendly terms.
(d) Christopher and Sarah leave quite angry with one another.
2. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(b) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
(c) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
(d) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
3. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
(b) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(c) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(d) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
4. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Christopher says he has not been invited himself.
(b) Christopher says he must think about it.
(c) Christopher accepts.
(d) Christopher declines.
5. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Leave her husband.
(b) Watch the New Year's parade.
(c) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(d) Get rid of the servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher expected to do during his mother's opium campaign meetings?
2. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
4. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
5. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)