|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
(a) Sarah says it has been a dull evening.
(b) Sarah says it has been an embarrassing evening.
(c) Sarah says it has been a passable evening.
(d) Sarah says it has been a marvelous evening.
2. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(b) Charles Emory.
(d) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
3. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a triffling matter.
(b) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(c) As a pain in the neck.
(d) As a matter of solemn importance.
4. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age five.
(b) Age six.
(c) Age seven.
(d) Age eight.
5. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
(a) Christopher is unsure if he is remembering his own garden or Akira's.
(b) Christopher thinks his memory is too simple, and the garden was probably far grander than he recalls.
(c) Christopher thinks his memory is highly accurate, despite all the years that have passed since he left Shanghai.
(d) Christopher thinks his memory of the lawn is a child's vision, and the garden was in reality not so grand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
2. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
3. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
5. What areas of Shanghai is young Christopher forbidden to enter?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)