|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christopher tell Colonel Chamberlain that he doesn't think it will be necessary for him to go to England?
(a) Christopher tells Chamberlain the very best detectives are working on the case of his parents' disappearance.
(b) Christopher tells Chamberlain he can get on in Shanghai by himself.
(c) Christopher tells Chamberlain his parents will return from a trip very soon.
(d) Christopher tells Chamberlain he is a detective and will solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance.
2. While pondering a case in Kensington Gardens, Christopher runs in to which character?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Joe Turner.
(c) Colonel Chamberlain.
(d) James Osbourne.
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(b) The opium trade in China.
(c) Organized crime in London.
(d) The Great War.
4. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
(b) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
(c) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
(d) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
5. What kind of establishment is the Dorchester?
(a) A public house.
(b) A quaint tea room.
(c) A modest inn.
(d) A very fancy restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
4. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
5. In the summer of the visit to Uncle Philip's office, what behavior of Akira's does Christopher begin to find particularly irksome?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)