|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's initial explanation for Akira's reverence for Mrs. Banks?
(a) She has a powerful temper.
(b) She knows a secret about Akira.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She is beautiful.
2. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(b) Christopher is irritated by him.
(c) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(d) Christopher is afraid of him.
3. Why does Christopher become irritated with Chamberlain at the Dorchester?
(a) Chamberlain gets very drunk and won't stop talking.
(b) Christopher takes exception to the picture Chamberlain paints of him as a child traveling to England.
(c) Chamberlain has very bad breath.
(d) Christopher dislikes the way the Colonel speaks to him.
4. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
5. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
(a) A sprawling "French" lawn.
(b) A carefully tended "English" lawn.
(c) A simple "Japanese" lawn.
(d) An ornate "Chinese" lawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
2. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
3. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
4. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
5. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)