|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
(c) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(d) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
2. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
3. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
(b) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
(c) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
(d) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
4. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(c) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(d) Charles Emory.
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(b) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
(c) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(d) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
3. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
4. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)