|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) The opium trade in China.
(b) Organized crime in London.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Economic prosperity in Britain.
2. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(b) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(c) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(d) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
3. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
(a) Mrs. Banks says she will consider the suggestion.
(b) Mrs. Banks says nothing and walks away.
(c) Mrs. Banks breaks into a tirade.
(d) Mrs. Banks quietly agrees.
4. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
5. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(b) Morganbrook and Byatt.
(c) Inspector Kung.
(d) Christopher's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What is Christopher's response to Sarah's proposal that he take her to the Meredith Foundation dinner?
5. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)