|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(b) Charles Emory.
(d) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
2. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A lively party.
(b) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(c) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(b) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(c) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(d) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
4. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
(a) Sir Cecil Medhurst.
(b) Sarah Hemmings.
(c) James Osbourne.
(d) Inspector Kung.
5. At what age did Christopher and Akira begin playing on the mound in the garden?
(a) Age seven.
(b) Age eight.
(c) Age six.
(d) Age five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
2. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
3. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)