|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher conclude happened to Charles Emory?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He has lost his way.
(d) He accidentally fell and broke his neck.
2. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Christopher's mother.
(b) Philip himself.
(d) Christopher's father.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(b) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(c) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(d) A lively party.
4. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(b) Christopher start smoking opium.
(c) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(d) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
5. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
(b) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(c) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(d) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher think about the quality of his memory of the Shanghai garden?
2. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
4. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
5. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)