|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christopher describe the atmosphere at breakfast on the days of the campaign meetings.
2. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
(b) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(c) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
(d) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
3. Who owns Christopher's family's house in Shanghai?
(a) Inspector Kung.
(b) Morganbrook and Byatt.
(d) Christopher's parents.
4. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
(a) The harbour.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The cricket match.
(d) The racecourse.
5. What does the health inspector from Morganbrook and Byatt urge Mrs. Banks to do?
(a) Watch the New Year's parade.
(b) Get rid of the servants.
(c) Leave Shanghai immediately.
(d) Leave her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Banks respond to the health inspector's suggestion?
2. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
3. What kind of person is the Banks's typical house guest in Shanghai?
4. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
5. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)