|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christopher unexpectedly reunite with Colonel Chamberlain?
(a) In the Palm Court of the Waldorf.
(b) At the Lucky Chance Club.
(c) In a crowded square in Shanghai.
(d) In a bookshop on Charing Cross Road.
2. What kind of tree rises out of the mound in Christopher's garden in Shanghai?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A maple tree.
(d) A bonzai tree.
3. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Sullen and pessimistic.
(b) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
(c) Diffident and high-minded.
(d) Arrogant and boisterous.
4. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a triffling matter.
(b) As a matter of solemn importance.
(c) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(d) As a pain in the neck.
5. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
(a) The Public Gardens.
(b) Downtown Shanghai.
(c) Mr. Banks's study.
(d) Their backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. When his mother stops laughing suddenly outside his father's study, what is Christopher's first thought?
3. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
4. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
5. What kind of lawn did Christopher's family have in their garden in Shanghai?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)