|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(c) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(d) On the subway.
2. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
(c) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(d) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
3. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(b) The Great War.
(c) The opium trade in China.
(d) Organized crime in London.
4. What prevents Christopher from developing the level of intimacy with his English school friends that he developed with Akira?
(a) The English boys make Christopher the butt of their jokes.
(b) Christopher is taken out of English school.
(c) The English boys refuse to speak to Christopher.
(d) Christopher finds the English boys entirely unappealing.
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
(a) Sarah does not attend the Foundation dinner.
(b) Sarah sneaks in the back.
(c) Sarah disguises herself as the guest of honor.
(d) Sarah makes a big, emotional scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Akira go at the end of the summer?
2. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
3. How does old Christopher remember Colonel Chamberlain?
4. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
5. Who surprises Christopher while he is investigating the Emory case?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)