|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher has an argument over the pronunciation of which English expression?
(a) Old chap.
2. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(b) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(c) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
(d) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
3. What is odd about Mr. Banks's behavior in the fall that Akira is away?
(a) Mr. Banks begins losing his mind.
(b) Mr. Banks is frequently out of sight.
(c) Mr. Banks begins boasting.
(d) Mr. Banks loses his temper on a daily basis.
4. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) A fashionable club across the street.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) The billiard room.
5. According to Chamberlain, what will happen to young Christopher if he remains in Shanghai much longer?
(a) Christopher will turn into a Chinaman.
(b) Christopher will be abducted himself.
(c) Christopher start smoking opium.
(d) Christopher will forget how to speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Mr. Banks and Christopher when Mr. Banks brings up the time Christopher and his mother "burst in" on him?
2. Where does Uncle Philip suggest he, Mrs. Banks and Christopher go after the Saturday meeting?
3. What delightful news does Mei Li deliver to Christopher at the end of the chapter?
4. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
5. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)