|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On bicycles.
(d) In a motorcar.
2. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(b) Selling children into slavery.
(c) Playing cricket.
(d) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
3. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a matter of solemn importance.
(b) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(c) As a triffling matter.
(d) As a pain in the neck.
4. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
(a) In Akira's backyard.
(b) In Akira's backyard.
(c) In downtown Shanghai.
(d) Beside the canal.
5. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
(a) Christopher is upset by the story.
(b) The story makes Christopher afraid of Akira.
(c) Christopher is highly pleased by the story.
(d) The story inspires Christopher to dabble in magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
2. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)