|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
(a) Uncle Philip seemed to be preoccupied.
(b) Uncle Philip had just gotten a hair cut.
(c) Uncle Phillip seemed not to be on Christopher's family's side.
(d) Uncle Philip had a big wad of money.
2. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
(a) Christopher discovers Akira waiting for him.
(b) Christopher discovers his father has returned home.
(c) Christopher discover his house has been burned to the ground.
(d) Christopher discovers his mother has been abducted.
3. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Turning severed hands into spiders.
(b) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
(c) Selling children into slavery.
(d) Playing cricket.
4. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
(a) In Akira's backyard.
(b) Beside the canal.
(c) In downtown Shanghai.
(d) In Akira's backyard.
5. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
(a) Christopher suspects Akira was mercilessly ostracised for his "foreignness."
(b) Christopher suspects Akira was unable to learn Japanese.
(c) Christopher suspects Akira failed to apply himself to his studies.
(d) Christopher suspects Akira made many friends and was sad to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
2. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
4. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
5. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)