|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. What kind of music does the French pianist play?
(a) Chopin and Debussy.
(b) Bach and Stravinsky.
(c) Beethoven and Mozart.
(d) Bizet and Gershwin.
3. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) Arrogant and boisterous.
(b) Diffident and high-minded.
(c) Sullen and pessimistic.
(d) Self-deprecating and optimistic.
4. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the subway.
(d) On the curb waiting for a cab.
5. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A lively party.
(b) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(c) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(d) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
2. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
3. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
4. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
5. What musical instrument does Uncle Philip encourage Christopher to go with him to see?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)