|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
(a) Beside the canal.
(b) In Akira's backyard.
(c) In downtown Shanghai.
(d) In Akira's backyard.
2. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
3. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks if Sir Cecil would like his assistance in solving the mystery of his disappearing cigar box.
(b) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil happened to meet Akira.
(c) Christopher asks how Sir Cecil met Sarah.
(d) Christopher asks whether Sir Cecil would like a drink from his flask.
4. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
(a) My little sugarplum.
(b) My little vagabond.
(c) My little pony.
(d) My little angel.
5. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
(b) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
(c) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
(d) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
2. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
3. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
4. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)