|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
(b) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
(c) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
(d) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
2. What does Christopher remember about Uncle Philip on the day of the plump-faced man's visit?
(a) Uncle Phillip seemed not to be on Christopher's family's side.
(b) Uncle Philip had a big wad of money.
(c) Uncle Philip had just gotten a hair cut.
(d) Uncle Philip seemed to be preoccupied.
3. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(b) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
(c) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(d) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
4. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
(a) Smoking opium.
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Being low-life.
(d) Living the high life.
5. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
2. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
3. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
4. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)