|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Akira and Christopher when they finally enter Ling Tien's room?
2. How does Christopher get back to his house?
(a) Christopher walks.
(b) Christopher runs home.
(c) Christopher rides his bicycle.
(d) Christopher hails a taxi.
3. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
(a) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he may not go into town.
(b) Christopher's mother tells Christopher to be proud of his father.
(c) Christopher's mother proposes that Christopher take Akira with him.
(d) Christopher's mother tells Christopher he must first put on proper shoes and a jacket.
4. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
(a) Ling Tien goes away to his home village and Akira and Christopher sneak in.
(b) Akira and Christopher sneak in while Ling Tien is at daily prayers.
(c) Akira and Christopher enter quietly while Ling Tien is asleep.
(d) Ling Tien invites Akira and Christopher in for tea.
5. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(b) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(c) Christopher is irritated by him.
(d) Christopher is afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
2. Whom does Christopher discover waiting for him when he arrives outside the Meredith Foundation dinner?
3. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
4. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
5. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)