|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(b) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(c) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(d) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
2. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
3. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
(a) An actress.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A princess.
(d) A harlot.
4. What musical instrument does Uncle Philip encourage Christopher to go with him to see?
(a) A piano accordion.
(b) A piano.
(c) A flute.
(d) A violin.
5. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Sunny and windy.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(d) Hot and humid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the effect of Akira's story on Christopher?
2. On what day do Akira and Christopher enter Ling Tien's room?
3. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
4. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
5. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)