|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the guests go after the meal and the speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) The billiard room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The ballroom.
(d) A fashionable club across the street.
2. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(b) Christopher's mother.
(c) Philip himself.
(d) Christopher's father.
3. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
(b) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(c) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
4. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(b) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
(c) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(d) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
5. Where do Christopher and Sarah converse at the end of the Meredith Foundation dinner?
(a) On one of the balconies of the ballroom.
(b) On the curb waiting for a cab.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the subway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher's mother say when he rushes to the door?
2. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
3. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
4. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
5. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)