|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) Twenty four hours.
(c) Over two years.
(d) No more than a few days.
2. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a matter of solemn importance.
(b) As a pain in the neck.
(c) As a triffling matter.
(d) As a completely irrelevant matter.
3. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
(a) Christopher discovers his mother has been abducted.
(b) Christopher discover his house has been burned to the ground.
(c) Christopher discovers Akira waiting for him.
(d) Christopher discovers his father has returned home.
4. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
(a) Christopher's father falls off a horse.
(b) Christopher's father is hit by a car.
(c) Christopher's father is fired from Morganbrook and Byatt.
(d) Christopher's father disappears.
5. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(b) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(c) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
(d) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christopher suspect happened to Akira in Japan?
2. According to Sir Cecil, for what do people often mistake Sarah?
3. Where is Akira and Christopher's "special spot?"
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
5. What is the tone of Cecil Medhurst's speech at the Meredith Foundation dinner?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)