|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Economic prosperity in Britain.
(b) Organized crime in London.
(c) The Great War.
(d) The opium trade in China.
2. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
(a) Living the high life.
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Being low-life.
(d) Smoking opium.
3. How does Akira feel about Ling Tien?
(a) Akira regards him as an object of ridicule.
(b) Akira is deeply afraid of Ling Tien.
(c) Akira thinks of him as a father.
(d) Akira finds Ling Tien amusing.
4. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
(b) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
(c) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
(d) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
5. How is the weather on the day Christopher "lowers his guard?"
(a) Hot and humid.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(d) Sunny and windy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah get into the Foundation dinner without an invitation?
2. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
3. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
4. How does Christopher get back to his house?
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)