|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
(a) Selling children into slavery.
(b) Playing cricket.
(c) Luring children into his room and turning them into monkies.
(d) Turning severed hands into spiders.
2. Upon his return, how does Akira respond to Christopher's questions about his experiences in Japan?
(a) Akira recounts a bitter tale of his alienation from the boys in the Nagasaki school.
(b) Akira persuades Christopher it would be childish to discuss such matters.
(c) Akira goes on and on with his many stories until Christopher is quite bored.
(d) Akira is silent.
3. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
(a) Ling Tien goes away to his home village and Akira and Christopher sneak in.
(b) Akira and Christopher sneak in while Ling Tien is at daily prayers.
(c) Akira and Christopher enter quietly while Ling Tien is asleep.
(d) Ling Tien invites Akira and Christopher in for tea.
4. What is the subject of Sir Cecil's speech?
(a) Organized crime in London.
(b) The opium trade in China.
(c) The Great War.
(d) Economic prosperity in Britain.
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(c) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(d) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
2. What happens to Christopher's father the day after the lotion theft?
3. What does Sir Cecil call Sarah?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. What does Sarah say to Christopher about the Foundation dinner?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)