|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Cecil's state of mind at the Lucky Chance Club?
(a) Sir Cecil is perfectly lucid.
(b) Sir Cecil is quite inebriated.
(c) Sir Cecil is high on opium.
(d) Sir Cecil is very energetic.
2. What does Christopher discover when he returns home?
(a) Christopher discovers his father has returned home.
(b) Christopher discovers his mother has been abducted.
(c) Christopher discover his house has been burned to the ground.
(d) Christopher discovers Akira waiting for him.
3. How long does it take Christopher to unravel the mystery of Charles Emory's death?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) Twenty four hours.
(c) Over two years.
(d) No more than a few days.
4. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(b) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
(c) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(d) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
5. After leading Christopher in the crowded city center, what does Uncle Philip do?
(a) Uncle Philip buys Christopher and accordion.
(b) Uncle Philip buys Christopher an ice cream cone.
(c) Uncle Philip begins laughing hysterically.
(d) Uncle Philip abandons Christopher in the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day do Akira and Christopher enter Ling Tien's room?
2. How does Christopher get back to his house?
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
4. What composer's music underscores Christopher and Sarah's conversation at the end of the Foundation dinner?
5. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)