|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Uncle Philip and Christopher reach the city center?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a motorcar.
(c) On bicycles.
(d) In a carriage.
2. Where is Christopher told he may find Sir Cecil and Sarah?
(b) The Lucky Chance Club.
(d) Lun Chow Road.
3. What is the first question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
(a) Christopher asks him if he has any crimes that need to be solved.
(b) Christopher asks if he has spent any time recently in Shanghai.
(c) Christopher asks him if he knows Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Christopher asks him if he has a drink.
4. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
(a) As a triffling matter.
(b) As a pain in the neck.
(c) As a completely irrelevant matter.
(d) As a matter of solemn importance.
5. What does Sarah say is all part of what Shanghai's all about?
(a) Living the high life.
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Smoking opium.
(d) Being low-life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second question Christopher asks Sir Cecil?
2. How does Akira feel about Ling Tien?
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
4. What are the circumstances of Akira and Christopher's entry into Ling Tien's room?
5. What does Akira believe Ling Tien's passion to be?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)