|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
(a) A police station.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A safehouse.
(d) A public house.
2. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is afraid of him.
(b) Christopher is quite fond of him.
(c) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(d) Christopher is irritated by him.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(b) A lively party.
(c) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
4. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
5. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
2. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
3. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
4. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
5. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)