|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(b) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(c) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(d) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
2. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She has blindfolded herself.
(b) She is dizzy.
(c) She is blind.
(d) The drawing room is very dark.
3. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
(a) Lady Beaton.
(b) Colonel Chamberlain.
(c) Mrs. Givens.
(d) Sarah Hemmings.
4. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Philip himself.
(b) Christopher's mother.
(c) Christopher's father.
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
2. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
4. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
5. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)