|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(b) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(c) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(d) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
2. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Philip himself.
(b) Christopher's father.
(c) Christopher's mother.
3. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(b) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(c) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(d) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
4. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A safehouse.
(c) A public house.
(d) A police station.
5. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She is blind.
(b) The drawing room is very dark.
(c) She is dizzy.
(d) She has blindfolded herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
3. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
4. Where does Jennifer live before Christopher adopts her?
5. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)