|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(b) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(c) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
2. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) The city center.
(b) A phonograph store.
(c) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(d) Nanking Road.
3. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
(a) The car runs out of gas.
(b) The car is hit by a rocket.
(c) Christopher and the driver come upon the war zone.
(d) Christopher's driver turns out to be a spy.
4. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(b) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(c) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(d) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
5. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
2. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
3. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)