|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(b) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(c) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(b) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(c) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(d) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
3. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A flower pot.
(c) The display cabinet.
(d) The coffee table.
4. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Colonel Chamberlain.
(c) Mrs. Givens.
(d) Lady Beaton.
5. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(b) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
(c) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(d) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
2. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
3. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
4. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
5. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)