|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(a) Christopher's mother.
(c) Christopher's father.
(d) Philip himself.
2. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She is dizzy.
(b) She has blindfolded herself.
(c) The drawing room is very dark.
(d) She is blind.
3. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
(a) Sarah Hemmings.
(b) Colonel Chamberlain.
(c) The driver who takes Christopher to meet Sarah.
(d) Inspector Kung.
4. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
(a) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to allow him to copy his behavior sometimes.
(b) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to introduce him to some fine English "specimens."
(c) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to give him weekly lessons in "Englishness."
(d) Christopher wants Uncle Philip to take him on a trip to England.
5. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(b) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(c) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
2. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
3. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
4. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)