|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(b) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(c) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(d) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
2. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(b) Christopher's father.
(c) Philip himself.
(d) Christopher's mother.
3. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
4. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
(a) Lady Beaton.
(b) Mrs. Givens.
(c) Sarah Hemmings.
(d) Colonel Chamberlain.
5. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A police station.
(c) A safehouse.
(d) A public house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christopher's driver stop when they are looking for the blind actor's house?
2. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
3. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
4. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
5. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)