|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(b) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(c) A lively party.
(d) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
2. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
3. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
(b) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(c) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(d) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
4. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
(a) Strangely, Christopher has no recollection of his best friend's house.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be exactly the opposite of his family's.
(c) Christopher remembers that Akira's house was very dilapidated.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very similar to his family's from an architectural standpoint.
5. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
(a) Tall and narrow.
(b) Short and wide.
(c) Tall and wide.
(d) Cozy and dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. Where does Christopher ask his driver to point him?
3. What is the Banks' "library" like?
4. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
5. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)