|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
(b) Christopher's father.
(c) Philip himself.
(d) Christopher's mother.
2. How does Christopher remember Uncle Philip's office?
(a) Christopher remembers it to be very tidy.
(b) Christopher remembers it to be very ramshakle.
(c) Christopher remembers it to be very small.
(d) Christopher remembers it to be very large.
3. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(b) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(c) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(d) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
4. What is Uncle Philip's relationship to the Banks?
(a) Philip is Mrs. Banks brother.
(b) Philip is Mr. Banks brother.
(c) Philip is a close family friend, not a real uncle to any of them.
(d) Philip is Mrs. Banks uncle.
5. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
(b) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(c) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(d) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
2. How does Christoper want Uncle Philip to help him become "more English?"
3. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
4. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
5. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)