|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(b) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(c) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
2. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
(a) Short and wide.
(b) Cozy and dark.
(c) Tall and wide.
(d) Tall and narrow.
3. How does Christopher describe Miss Givens's smiles?
4. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
(a) Dull and cold.
(b) Sullen and pious.
(c) Dark and dangerous.
(d) Light and breezy.
5. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) A phonograph store.
(b) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(c) The city center.
(d) Nanking Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
2. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
3. What is the date of Part III?
4. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
5. How does Mei Li regard Christopher's education?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)