|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
(a) Christopher calls the police and lets them know he will be leaving Shanghai.
(b) Christopher finds Akira and tells him he will be leaving Shanghai.
(c) Christopher calls Jennifer and tells her he will be leaving Shanghai.
(d) Christopher behaves as though he is not leaving Shanghai.
2. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
(b) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(c) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(d) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
3. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
4. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
(a) After the service.
(b) Christopher does not speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding.
(c) Before the service.
(d) During the service.
5. Where does Christopher meet Sarah on the day they are to leave?
(a) The city center.
(b) Nanking Road.
(c) The Inn of Morning Happiness.
(d) A phonograph store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
2. What is the Banks' "library" like?
3. What is Christopher's memory of Akira's house?
4. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
5. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)