|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
(a) Christopher is afraid of him.
(b) Christopher is irritated by him.
(c) Christopher is secretly in love with him.
(d) Christopher is quite fond of him.
2. Where does Jennifer live before Christopher adopts her?
3. According to Akira, why do Christopher's parents stop speaking to one another?
(a) Because Christopher's parents have hurt each other's feelings.
(b) Because Akira is "not enough Japanese."
(c) Because Christopher's mother objects to her husband's work.
(d) Because Christopher is "not enough Englishman."
4. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is dizzy.
(c) She has blindfolded herself.
(d) The drawing room is very dark.
5. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
(a) Dull and cold.
(b) Sullen and pious.
(c) Light and breezy.
(d) Dark and dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname do the Banks and Uncle Philip call Christopher?
2. What is the Banks' "library" like?
3. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
4. Who ends up knowing where the blind man lives?
5. Who first tells Christopher about Jennifer?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)