|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
(a) Inspector Kung remembers that the house Christopher wishes to find is across the street from a blind man's house.
(b) Inspector Kung wishes to become Christopher's partner.
(c) Inspector Kung is leaving Shanghai for London in two days.
(d) Inspector Kung is going to rehab to deal with his opium addiction.
2. Where does Jennifer live before Christopher adopts her?
3. How does Miss Givens strike Christopher in her interview?
(a) Dull and cold.
(b) Dark and dangerous.
(c) Light and breezy.
(d) Sullen and pious.
4. What is the Banks' "library" like?
(a) The largest room in the house with miles and miles of books.
(b) An anteroom with walls lined with books.
(c) A nook in the kitchen housing a shelf of classic works.
(d) A small, dark room in the basement with a few encyclopedia volumes.
5. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She is dizzy.
(b) She has blindfolded herself.
(c) The drawing room is very dark.
(d) She is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Uncle Philip say "is about as English as they come?"
2. What is Lady Beaton's first reaction to Christopher's proposal that he adopt Jennifer?
3. How does Christopher behave the morning after Sarah's invitation?
4. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
5. What is the shape of Christopher's London home in Part III?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)