|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jennifer grope around the drawing room?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She is dizzy.
(c) The drawing room is very dark.
(d) She has blindfolded herself.
2. What is the date of Part III?
(a) April 12, 1937.
(b) Novermber 8, 1931.
(c) April 30, 1931.
(d) November 30, 1937.
3. What does Christopher overhear one day while working on his lessons with Mei Li in the library?
(a) A bitter quarrel between his parents.
(b) A band of thieves breaking into the house.
(c) A secret meeting on the opium trade.
(d) A lively party.
4. What does Jennifer just barely avoid knocking over?
(a) The display cabinet.
(b) A lamp.
(c) The coffee table.
(d) A flower pot.
5. What does Uncle Philip do every time Christopher visits his office?
(a) Uncle Philip acts very "put-off" with Christopher.
(b) Uncle Philip gives Christopher a present.
(c) Uncle Philip takes Christopher out for ice cream.
(d) Uncle Philip allows Christopher to drink a little whisky.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Christopher speak to Sarah at the Draycoats' wedding?
2. What are Miss Givens and Jennifer doing when they return from shopping?
3. In what year does Christopher hear of Jennifer?
4. Inspector Kung telephones Christopher with what news?
5. How does Christopher feel about Uncle Philip?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)