|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Angela's pony?
2. What does the moon look like when Laurie makes his way to the window to see outside?
3. What causes Angela to attack Laurie?
4. How many were actually made?
5. What company planned to sponsor a television adaptation of the Tripods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline say happened to Ian and Nathanael?
2. Briefly describe what happens when the Tripod arrives at the farmhouse.
3. What does the author say about a science fiction writer's ability to predict the future?
4. Why doesn't Laurie's family see much of his Aunt and Uncle?
5. What does Laurie say is the difference between his calling Ilse by her name and Andy calling Miranda by her name?
6. What is the reaction of police when people are reported missing and why?
7. What are some of the ways the boys try to explain away the sounds and sight of the Tripod?
8. Describe Laurie's relationship with his father.
9. Briefly describe the telephone conversation between Martha and Caroline after Ian's visit.
10. What does the author say about Will in the book "The City of Gold and Lead?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the efforts of Pa to take the group to Switzerland. How do they finally make it there? Was it a good decision?
Essay Topic 2
At one point Martha says that the news should stop broadcasting information about the Tripods but Pa says that censorship isn't the answer. Which is correct and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Tripods. What are the Tripods' ultimate goal? How do you know this?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)