|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is living at the guesthouse when Laurie and his family arrive?
(a) Ilse's parents, a gardener, a handyman and two maids
(b) Only Ilse's parents and a handyman
(c) Ilse's extended family
(d) Ilse's parents and grandparents and several servants
2. How are the soldiers armed when the family arrives in Switzerland?
(a) With automatic weapons
(b) They aren't armed
(c) With a variety of weapons
(d) With small caliber pistols
3. How many people have beat the family to their new location?
(c) About twenty
4. What does Martha tell them to order at the airport restaurant?
(a) Anything they want
(b) Nothing because they'll need all their cash
(c) Burgers and shakes
(d) Steaks and champagne
5. Who gags Rudi?
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the cooking for the group after Ilse's mother dies?
2. What is the Cap made of?
3. Where do the police take Andy and Laurie after the fight at the train station?
4. How far is it to the nearest house?
5. What do they use for cooking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Captain Hardy that makes Laurie question whether being Capped is a bad thing?
2. What does Pa tell Ilse's mother when she tells them she can't travel quickly and that they should leave her behind? What does he mean?
3. Describe Laurie's attempts to learn to ski, his jealousy and his eventual mastery of the skill.
4. What does Laurie think when Pa arrives the following morning but leaves without rescuing him?
5. How are Laurie and Andy eventually able to escape?
6. How are the Caps made permanent and how does Laurie learn about it?
7. List at least two people who become members of the group after they are established in the tunnels, and describe how each is taken in.
8. What does Pa say about the reaction of the Swiss at the train station when Laurie and Andy get into a fight?
9. Why is Laurie afraid of putting on the altered Cap?
10. What reasons are there for the group to send patrols out farther from the base camp?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)