|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname Nathanael's parents use for him in informal situations?
(b) There isn't one
2. Who goes with Laurie and Andy to get a look at a Tripod nearby?
(c) No one
3. What does the newscaster say will be the way to overcome the Tripods?
(a) Regaining control of the military
(b) Retaining control of the airports
(c) Free men and women joining to fight
(d) People pleading with their family to return home
4. What is the name of the planet the Master comes from, according to the author?
(d) The planet isn't named
5. How is Angela convinced to leave home at the time the Trippy Show is airing?
(a) Laurie promises to videotape it
(b) She plans to watch a rerun
(c) Laurie promises to tell her about it
(d) She doesn't want to miss the pony show
6. What kind of dog does Laurie believe he hears?
(a) A Labrador
(b) A St. Bernard
(c) A greyhound
(d) A poodle
7. What are Pa and Martha drinking while listening to the television broadcasts?
8. What is the reaction of the police when people are reported missing?
(a) Nothing because there are too many reports
(b) They are bringing home anyone claiming to be a Trippy
(c) Nothing because the police are all hynotized
(d) They are putting runaways in jail
9. What is the explanation Andy offers when the boys see the first Tripod?
(a) That it can't be real
(b) That it's probably a military experiment
(c) That someone is making a movie
(d) That they've been invaded
10. What does Angela do while Dr. Monmouth is talking to Laurie and the others?
(a) Plays with her dolls
(b) Watches the Trippy show
(c) Goes for a walk
(d) Sneaks out of the house
11. Who is the panelist who is critical of the idea that the Tripods don't have infrared capabilities?
(a) A chemist
(b) A biologist
(c) An astronomer
(d) A science fiction writer
12. What does Laurie say woke him?
(a) A flash of light
(b) The barking of a dog
(c) Andy's scream
(d) An explosion
13. Which of the landings was sighted first?
(d) The Soviet Union
14. What does Dr. Monmouth do to get Angela over her obsession?
(a) Burns the tapes
(b) Gives her Prozac
(c) Hypnotizes her
(d) Sedates her
15. What is the noise Laurie and Andy hear early the next morning?
(b) A thumping
(d) A radio
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wild Bill say he did to another copy of the Daily Mail that addressed Trippies?
2. What was Laurie's grandfather's occupation?
3. What is on the television when Laurie wakes the following morning?
4. What does Laurie see clinging to the legs of the Tripod?
5. What is the headline in the newspaper, the Daily Mail?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)