|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Angela's pony?
2. How is the farmer dressed when he runs out of the house?
(a) In his underwear
(b) In his robe
(c) In a shirt and trousers
(d) In his pajamas
3. How old is Angela?
4. What causes Angela to attack Laurie?
(a) He tells her he at her chocolate chip cookies
(b) He shoves her agains the stair railing
(c) He calls her a Trippy
(d) He tells her he didn't tape the Trippy show
5. Who is Nathanael?
(a) A neighbor
(b) Laurie's cousin
(c) Laurie's uncle
(d) A classmate
6. What does Pa do with Uncle Ian's briefcase?
(a) Throws it in the dumpster
(b) Puts it in the shed
(d) Mails it to Uncle Ian
7. Where does Laurie know Martha intends for the family to go?
8. What is the warning given by the Head Man at school?
(a) To attend school no matter what
(b) To watch the Trippy Show no matter what
(c) To beware of anyone offering Caps
(d) To only watch the Trippy Show with an adult
9. What is being displayed by the tank that approaches the Tripod?
(a) The national flag
(b) An important military leader
(d) A white flag
10. What does Martha say she wants Pa to do with Uncle Ian's briefcase?
(a) She wants to give it back to Uncle Ian
(b) She wants to mail it to the government
(c) She wants to hand the contents out to neighbors
(d) She wants it out of the house
11. What does Uncle Ian say they have been given in order to become part of the brotherhood?
(a) Small Tripods
(b) The Trippy Show
12. What is the nickname Nathanael's parents use for him in informal situations?
(b) There isn't one
13. What company planned to sponsor a television adaptation of the Tripods?
(a) Public Broadcasting Corporation
(b) Japanese Broadcasting Corporation
(c) British Broadcasting Corporation
(d) American Broadcasting Corporation
14. What does the author say is a fundamental weakness of science fiction books?
(a) The fact that all the good stories have already been told
(b) The lack of imagination of most writers
(c) The tendency to overestimate invaders
(d) The inability to guess the future
15. What material is Laurie's grandmother's house made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the light Andy sees soon after waking?
2. What chapter is Laurie studying in physics?
3. What does Andy see outside the window that he points out to Laurie?
4. Who is Hilda Goossens?
5. What does Ilse's parents do?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)