|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andy come to stay with Laurie's family?
(a) Laurie wants Andy to be near
(b) Andy doesn't have television to keep up with the news
(c) Andy's home is destroyed
(d) Andy's mother is gone
2. What is the sound coming from the tank?
(a) A voice offering a peaceful welcome
(b) Classical music
(c) A series of beeps and hums
(d) Birds chirping
3. How many were actually made?
4. Who is Angela?
(a) Laurie's mother
(b) Laurie's grandmother
(c) Laurie's sister
(d) Laurie's stepmother
5. What material is Laurie's grandmother's house made of?
6. How is the farmer dressed when he runs out of the house?
(a) In his robe
(b) In his pajamas
(c) In a shirt and trousers
(d) In his underwear
7. How was the Tripod that landed in the United States destroyed?
(a) By military tanks
(b) By fighter-bombers
(c) It self-destructed
(d) By a nuclear missile
8. What is Laurie sleeping on?
(a) A sleeping bag
(b) A pile of straw
(c) The ground
(d) A small mattress
9. What does the newscaster say will be the way to overcome the Tripods?
(a) Retaining control of the airports
(b) People pleading with their family to return home
(c) Free men and women joining to fight
(d) Regaining control of the military
10. Who is Ilse?
(a) Laurie's grandmother
(b) Laurie's stepmother
(c) Laurie's sister
(d) Laurie's mother
11. What does Dr. Monmouth do to get Angela over her obsession?
(a) Sedates her
(b) Hypnotizes her
(c) Burns the tapes
(d) Gives her Prozac
12. What is on the television when Laurie wakes the following morning?
(a) A soap opera
(b) Music videos
(c) The Trippy Show
(d) A newscast about a new wave of Tripods
13. How many landings of the Tripods were there in the initial contact?
(c) No one knows for sure
14. What is the name of the family's boat?
(a) The Flying Pie
(c) Edward Scissorhands
(d) The Angel
15. What happens to the dragon in the Trippy Show?
(a) It dissolves
(b) It's killed by the knight
(c) It's sent back to its cave
(d) It wins the battle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurie say woke him?
2. How tall does Laurie say the Tripod is?
3. Where does Angela say she's going as she leaves the house?
4. How many rockets are fired from the approaching fighter-bombers?
5. Why does Pa give way to Martha's suggestion that they leave the country?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)