|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light Andy sees soon after waking?
2. What is the nickname Nathanael's parents use for him in informal situations?
(a) There isn't one
3. How tall does Laurie say the Tripod is?
(a) As tall as King Kong
(b) Thirty meters
(c) Eighty meters
(d) Fifty meters
4. Though the Trippy Show seems to originate in the United States, where does Dr. Monmouth say some people believe it really originates?
(a) The United States
(c) Outter space
5. What does Pa say the booking clerk says when he tries to buy tickets to Switzerland?
(a) He can pay with a credit card as long as they are not wearing caps
(b) Fights are cancelled and Hail the Tripod
(c) He has to pay with cash and Hail the Tripod
(d) Only three people can leave and they have to prove they are not under the control of the Tripod
6. What is the headline in the newspaper, the Daily Mail?
(a) Trippy Brainwash?
(b) Trippies headed to Canada
(c) Catch the Trippy Show
(d) Are Trippies Evil?
7. What does Martha pull from her purse when she sees Laurie is in trouble?
(a) A cell phone
(b) A can of Mace
(c) A pistol
(d) A chain for hypnotizing Ian
8. What does the author say is often the key to winning a battle?
(a) The exploitation of another's weakness
(b) The strengths of the agressor
(c) The ability to adapt to new weapons
(d) The use of technology
9. Who is Nathanael?
(a) A neighbor
(b) Laurie's cousin
(c) A classmate
(d) Laurie's uncle
10. How old is Martha?
(b) In her seventies
11. What does Laurie say is a big drawback to sharing a room with Andy?
(a) He sleeps late
(b) He likes the room cold
(c) He rises early
(d) He snores
12. What is the sound coming from the tank?
(a) A voice offering a peaceful welcome
(b) Classical music
(c) Birds chirping
(d) A series of beeps and hums
13. What is Laurie doing when Uncle Ian arrives?
(a) Having lunch with Andy
(b) Eating an apple
(c) Watching television
(d) Checking out the boat with his father
14. How many rockets are fired from the approaching fighter-bombers?
(b) Too many to count
15. What is the explanation Andy offers when the boys see the first Tripod?
(a) That it can't be real
(b) That someone is making a movie
(c) That it's probably a military experiment
(d) That they've been invaded
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laurie sleeping on?
2. What does Laurie say woke him?
3. How far away is the farmhouse from Laurie's location?
4. Why does Pa give way to Martha's suggestion that they leave the country?
5. What is on the television when Laurie wakes the following morning?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)