|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andy think might be the source of the sound they hear just after daylight the next morning?
(a) Farm machinery
(b) The farmer's pickup
(d) The Tripods
2. Who is the panelist who is critical of the idea that the Tripods don't have infrared capabilities?
(a) A chemist
(b) An astronomer
(c) A biologist
(d) A science fiction writer
3. Why does Laurie say that can't be the case?
(a) It's too far to the nearest road
(b) It's too far to the nearest train tracks
(c) It's too far to the nearest mine
(d) It's too far to the artillery range
4. What does Laurie say about the rules of their camping expedition?
(a) That they are to hide from the Tripods
(b) That they are not to ask for help
(c) That they are to call their parents daily
(d) That they are not to sleep outside
5. How tall does Laurie say the Tripod is?
(a) As tall as King Kong
(b) Eighty meters
(c) Thirty meters
(d) Fifty meters
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurie realize one of the tentacles is doing after the arrival of the tank?
2. What does Andy say could have been the source of the noise they heard?
3. How many rockets are fired from the approaching fighter-bombers?
4. How many parts of the series were originally planned?
5. What is Laurie sleeping on?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)