Preface and Chapter 1
• The author describes the process of having his book made into a movie and the criticism from a science fiction writer.
• Laurie and Andy are on a camping trip and find shelter in a shed near a farmhouse.
• They wake in the middle of the night to unexplained explosions.
• The following morning they wake to discover a huge, three-legged machine approaching.
• The machine destroys a farmhouse and kills a farmer and a dog.
• The military arrives, apparently attempting to make peaceful contact but the Tripod destroys the tank.
• Fighter-bombers arrive and destroy the Tripod.
Chapters 2 and 3
• Laurie and Andy become weary of the questions about the Tripods.
• A television show called the Trippy Show airs which is a cartoon about the Tripods.
• Angela becomes obsessed with the Trippy Show but Laurie is frightened by the one episode he watches.
• There are discussions that people are...
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)