|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Christmas does Anna's family have?
(a) They have the same type of Christmas they had in Germany.
(b) An austere and simple Christmas.
(c) A lavish and happy Christmas.
(d) They have no Christmas, they are Jewish.
2. Why does Sarah live in France?
(a) She has a good job there.
(b) She likes the food.
(c) She married a Frenchman.
(d) She followed her sister there.
3. What is the term the school uses if a child passes a subject way above passing grade?
(a) Passed with ci-dessus.
(b) Passed with distinction.
(c) Passed with honor.
(d) Passed above grade.
4. Why is Anna's mother angry about her gift?
(a) That he didn't ask her first.
(b) That he bought her something to do with which to do work.
(c) That he thought to buy her love.
(d) That her father spent the money.
5. How does Anna's father feel about the cloth her mother brings home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anna's father's problems shortly after she tries to help him?
2. How is the family adjusting to life in Paris by the end of Chapter 13?
3. How does Max feel about learning French?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 19, what does Anna hit as far as speaking French is concerned?
5. Who has bought Anna's father's script?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anna's class like and how are her first attempts at her school assignments?
2. With is Anna's mother learning to do and with what does she have some problems?
3. How is Anna adapting to the French language, why does this cause problems with her mother and what resolves the issue?
4. How is Anna's family doing by the spring, what are they doing and who in the household feels gloomy? Why does she feel gloomy?
5. Why does the family visit Switzerland and why are they able to go?
6. How does Anna get new shoes?
7. What does Anna's father buy her mother and why does he buy it?
8. How does Anna do on her elementary examinations?
9. What disturbs Anna's father and how is the situation resolved?
10. What does Anna want to do about schooling and why can't she?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)