|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does Anna's father see the cloth from Sarah?
(a) A part of their religious tithes.
(b) A generous gift from a relative.
(c) A great windfall for the children.
2. What is happening in France that affects them financially?
(a) A fast growing economy.
(b) A depression.
(d) A recession.
3. What does Anna's father do after fighting with her mother?
(a) Buys her a food mixer.
(b) Buys her a sewing machine.
(c) Buys her a washing machine.
(d) Buys her a vacuum cleaner.
4. Why is Anna's mother angry about her gift?
(a) That he thought to buy her love.
(b) That he didn't ask her first.
(c) That her father spent the money.
(d) That he bought her something to do with which to do work.
5. What happens that makes Anna speak French with ease?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) She is given a new teacher.
(c) Everything just falls into place.
(d) Her brother helps her after school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anna's father's problems shortly after she tries to help him?
2. What do Anna's parents do at the end of Chapter 22?
3. How does Sarah get Anna's mother to take some cloth?
4. What is the name of Anna's teacher?
5. What is so special about Anna's essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anna's mother get some cloth for clothing?
2. What disturbs Anna's father and how is the situation resolved?
3. With is Anna's mother learning to do and with what does she have some problems?
4. How does Anna do on her elementary examinations?
5. What is the problem with the gift Anna's father bought her mother and what do they try to do?
6. What does Anna's father buy her mother and why does he buy it?
7. What has Anna decided to do and why does she have some fear about her decision?
8. Explain the French elementary school exam.
9. How does Anna's father feel about the cloth her mother gets and why?
10. How is Anna adapting to the French language, why does this cause problems with her mother and what resolves the issue?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)