|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna do about her father's problem?
(a) Makes him a cup of soothing tea.
(b) Consults a rabbis.
(c) Prays for his health.
(d) Talks to her mother.
2. What is the consequence of Anna's father's job status changing?
(a) He is never gone.
(b) He is around the house more.
(c) He is never home.
(d) There is no change.
3. What does Anna want to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Have a little sister.
(b) Make new friends.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Return to Germany.
4. How does Max fare in his class on the exam?
(a) He did not take the exam.
(b) Almost the worst student in the class.
(c) Best student in class.
(d) He was about average.
5. What kind of teacher is the woman in question #97?
(a) A private tutor.
(b) A math professor.
(c) A science teacher.
(d) She teaches only history and government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has to happen in order to pass the French elementary school exam?
2. What is the difference between Anna's father's pay in Paris as compared to in Germany?
3. How do Anna and Max feel about Francine Fernand?
4. What is the term the school uses if a child passes a subject way above passing grade?
5. In what kind of class is Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Anna's father's job going, and what does she do that pleases him?
2. With reflection, what does Anna decide about her childhood?
3. What is the gist of the good and bad news that comes in Chapter 23?
4. How does Anna's father feel about the cloth her mother gets and why?
5. Why does Anna see more of her father?
6. How do Anna and Max finally go to school and what is difficult for them?
7. What disturbs Anna's father and how is the situation resolved?
8. What is Anna's class like and how are her first attempts at her school assignments?
9. How does Anna do on her elementary examinations?
10. Explain the French elementary school exam.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)