|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher is the woman in question #97?
(a) A private tutor.
(b) A science teacher.
(c) She teaches only history and government.
(d) A math professor.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 19, what does Anna hit as far as speaking French is concerned?
(a) She goes backwards and begins to forget what she has learned.
(b) Her abilities just improve gradually.
(c) By the opening of Chapter 19 she speaks French like a native.
(d) A wall, she can't seem to get past a certain point.
3. How does Anna feel about her French and the exam?
(a) She feels rather confident but not overly so.
(b) Very confident.
(c) Still not confident.
(d) She has no thoughts about her French.
4. What kind of Christmas does Anna's family have?
(a) An austere and simple Christmas.
(b) A lavish and happy Christmas.
(c) They have the same type of Christmas they had in Germany.
(d) They have no Christmas, they are Jewish.
5. Why does Anna's family have the Christmas they have in Chapter 20?
(a) They are still Jewish.
(b) Her father sold a major book and they have plenty of money.
(c) They have not changed family traditions from Germany.
(d) They are still very poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna do about her father's problem?
2. What is happening in France that affects them financially?
3. What happens to Anna's father's problems shortly after she tries to help him?
4. What does Anna's mother think of public schools for her children?
5. What is the date of the anniversary of the French revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the family's first Christmas in Paris and why is it that way?
2. How does Max feel about French?
3. With is Anna's mother learning to do and with what does she have some problems?
4. With reflection, what does Anna decide about her childhood?
5. What does Anna's father buy her mother and why does he buy it?
6. Explain the French elementary school exam.
7. How does Anna's mother get some cloth for clothing?
8. What does Anna want to do about schooling and why can't she?
9. How is Anna adapting to the French language, why does this cause problems with her mother and what resolves the issue?
10. How does Anna get new shoes?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)