|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the German children's mother tell them?
(a) Not to play with Anna and Max.
(b) To be sure and include other children.
(c) To be careful not to hurt Anna.
(d) To ask them to visit their home.
2. What does Fraulein Heimpel do for Anna's family?
(a) House help.
3. What do Anna and Max decide to tell their friends about their father?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He is interviewing the Dali lama.
(c) He's a secret service agent.
(d) He has gone to meet the president.
4. What happens to Anna's swollen glands?
(a) They never go back down completely.
(b) They shrink back to normal.
(c) She never had swollen glands.
(d) Some of them rupture.
5. What business has offered Anna's father work?
(a) The Daily Parisian.
(b) The Paris Times.
(c) The Museum of Natural History.
(d) Hombluck Publishers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anna's family in Chapter 5?
2. What does Onkel Julius tell them about Germany when he visits?
3. Between what two parties is the election in Germany?
4. What has Hitler done with the family's property?
5. Where does Anna's mother think the family may end up for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna's father explain to her about Switzerland and his work and what does he and Anna decide they are?
2. Why is Anna upset when she wakes up in the morning in Chapter 2, and what does her mother tell her?
3. How is Max doing in school and with whom does he spend his time playing?
4. Where is Anna's family in Chapter 5, in what do they stay and what do they do one day?
5. How does Anna's father feel when he returns from Paris and why? What does he want to do and how does Anna's mother feel about that?
6. In what city are Anna and her family's passports checked, and why might this be dangerous?
7. Who is the first character introduced in the book, what year is it, how old is she and where does she live? Who is her sibling?
8. Why is her family famous?
9. Why is there some tension between Anna and Vreneli?
10. What train does Anna and her family board and what happens in Germany that day? How do the Nazis use that event?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)