|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the female child who is Anna's age?
2. What does Anna hear her father say when she is awake one morning?
(a) The Nazis have lost the election.
(b) The Nazis have won the election.
(c) They are going to America.
(d) His brother is stuck in Munich.
3. What happens to Anna's swollen glands?
(a) They never go back down completely.
(b) Some of them rupture.
(c) She never had swollen glands.
(d) They shrink back to normal.
4. What are the names of the two German children who come to play with Anna and Max?
(a) Siegfried and Gudrun.
(b) Nathen and Oscar.
(c) Michael and Druden.
(d) They never find out their names.
5. Where does Anna's family move?
(a) To a boarding house.
(b) To a small chalet.
(c) To a 4 star hotel.
(d) To an inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the price the Nazis have put on Anna's father's head?
2. What does Anna think her life is?
3. What does Anna think has happened to her pink rabbit?
4. Between what two parties is the election in Germany?
5. With what is Anna's father constantly adsorbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Onkel Julius have to tell when he visits and why is the family's finances troubled?
2. What almost ruins the family's trip to Paris and what do they think might be the reason?
3. What does Anna's mother tell her children to do when they are being checked and what is the end result at that checkpoint?
4. How does Anna like school in Switerland, who are her friends and with whom does she prefer to play?
5. What happens to Pumpel and how does Omama feel about it?
6. What conversation does Anna hear between her mother and Omama and what does she resolve to do?
7. Why is Anna upset when she wakes up in the morning in Chapter 2, and what does her mother tell her?
8. Why is her family famous?
9. Who is the first character introduced in the book, what year is it, how old is she and where does she live? Who is her sibling?
10. Where is Anna's family in Chapter 5, in what do they stay and what do they do one day?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)