|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the place where Anna's family moves?
(a) Ruth Dreifuss.
(b) Henri Guisan.
(c) Micheline Calmy.
(d) Gasthof Zwirn.
2. From where are the two German children who come to play with Anna and Max?
3. What does Anna do before she goes to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) Gets in a fight with her mother.
(b) Reads a story to her little sister.
(c) Helps her mother wash dishes.
(d) Speaks to her father.
4. What is the name of Anna's grandmother's dog?
5. Who is Anna's teacher?
(a) Herr Graupe
(b) Herr Von Tapper.
(c) Herr Haulichline.
(d) Herr Smithdt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fraulein Heimpel do for Anna's family?
2. What business has offered Anna's father work?
3. Where are Anna, Max and her mama's train going in Chapter 4?
4. About what are the feelings from question #59?
5. What do Anna and her father decide they might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there some tension between Anna and Vreneli?
2. How does Anna get sick and what happens when she is sick? What does she hear?
3. What must Anna and Max do before they leave?
4. What does Anna's mother tell her children to do when they are being checked and what is the end result at that checkpoint?
5. What birthday does Anna have in Chapter 8, how does she celebrate and how does that go?
6. How is Max doing in school and with whom does he spend his time playing?
7. What do Max and Anna think about the anti-Semitism and what does their mother say about it?
8. How is Anna's father feeling about his work and Germany?
9. What happens to Anna's father in Chapter 1 and why?
10. What conversation does Anna hear between her mother and Omama and what does she resolve to do?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)