|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna's family feel on the boat to England?
(c) Happy and energetic.
2. What does Anna have one night when she prays for her father?
(a) A vision.
(c) A decision to become a rabbis.
(d) A nightmare.
3. What was the confrontation with the concierge about?
(a) Paying the rent.
(b) Having him receive packages.
(c) Allowing children in the lobby.
(d) Having him do the shopping.
4. What has Anna decided to do about the French elementary school exam?
(a) Take the exam in six months.
(b) Take the French elementary school exam.
(c) Only take the first three sections.
(d) Not take the exam.
5. What is the date of the anniversary of the French revolution?
(a) May 30.
(b) June 4.
(c) July 31.
(d) July 14.
6. What is the consequence of Anna's father's job status changing?
(a) He is never gone.
(b) There is no change.
(c) He is never home.
(d) He is around the house more.
7. What does Anna receive for her composition essay?
(a) Some money and a letter from the Mayor.
(b) A blue ribbon and certificate.
(c) She does not have to take writing classes for a year.
(d) A frame for her essay.
8. What does the woman in question #97 have a difficult time doing?
(a) Keeping up with all her work.
(b) Making enough money.
(c) Teaching young children.
(d) Teaching in German.
9. What does Anna's achievements in school create between her and her mother?
(a) A bond of understanding.
(c) Her mother is pleased with her.
(d) Her schoolwork does not affect her relationship with her mother.
10. What is the difference between Anna's father's pay in Paris as compared to in Germany?
(a) He makes about the same.
(b) He makes a little more.
(c) He makes double what he did.
(d) He makes much less.
11. Why do the visitors give Sarah cloth?
(a) To use in her arts and crafts.
(b) To make doll dresses.
(c) To make them gowns.
(d) To make clothes for the needy children.
12. How old is the gift Anna's father bought?
(a) Forty years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
13. What does Anna's father think when he buys her the gift in question # 149?
(a) It will save her work.
(b) It will make her forgive him.
(c) It is in working order.
(d) It will help them have better food.
14. What happens with Max and Anna's difficulties from question #101?
(a) They become so great she is fired.
(b) They decide to write all their lessons.
(c) They become more obedient.
(d) They lessen over time.
15. What would Anna's mother do with extra money?
(a) Take the family on a vacation.
(b) Buy a television.
(c) Put it in a savings account.
(d) Buy Anna shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anna do on her first assignments?
2. What does Anna want to do in Chapter 14?
3. What seems to be disturbing Anna's father?
4. Why does Sarah live in France?
5. What is the term the school uses if a child passes a subject way above passing grade?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)