|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has bought Anna's father's script?
(a) A film director from Hollywood.
(b) A university in England.
(c) A studio in Hungary.
(d) A film director in England.
2. What can a subject passed with the term in question # 167 do to help a student?
(a) The student does not have to take that subject the following year.
(b) It can cancel out a failed subject.
(c) It recommends her for a higher grade.
(d) It does nothing.
3. How does Anna's family feel on the boat to England?
(d) Happy and energetic.
4. What is the date of the anniversary of the French revolution?
(a) July 31.
(b) July 14.
(c) May 30.
(d) June 4.
5. What is the term the school uses if a child passes a subject way above passing grade?
(a) Passed with honor.
(b) Passed with distinction.
(c) Passed above grade.
(d) Passed with ci-dessus.
6. Why is Grete gloomy?
(a) She thought she would be going home already.
(b) Her boyfriend dropped her.
(c) Her family is in Germany.
(d) Her husband has disappeared.
7. What is Max's primary desire in school?
(a) To be the top student.
(b) To have a girlfriend.
(c) To not be at the very bottom of the class.
(d) To look like and fit in with the other boys.
8. In what subject does Anna receive the term from question #165?
(c) Physical fitness.
9. Why do the visitors give Sarah cloth?
(a) To make them gowns.
(b) To use in her arts and crafts.
(c) To make doll dresses.
(d) To make clothes for the needy children.
10. What happens to Anna's father's problems shortly after she tries to help him?
(a) Her mother and him begin to get along better.
(b) He finishes grieving.
(c) He is healed.
(d) They go away.
11. What does Francine do with Anna when Anna visits her?
(a) Show her how to keep a diary.
(b) They mostly talk about school.
(c) Fits her for the clothes her mother made her.
(d) Teach her to walk and talk properly in France.
12. Why is Anna's mother angry about her gift?
(a) That he thought to buy her love.
(b) That he didn't ask her first.
(c) That her father spent the money.
(d) That he bought her something to do with which to do work.
13. What do Anna's parents do at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Leave for Italy.
(b) Leave for Hollywood.
(c) Leave for England.
(d) Leave for Holland.
14. How is the family adjusting to life in Paris by the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Not well.
(b) Wonderful, it is like they were born in France.
(d) Very poorly.
15. What does Anna have one night when she prays for her father?
(a) A decision to become a rabbis.
(b) A vision.
(c) A nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Max and Anna have a difficult time doing with their teacher at first?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 19, what does Anna hit as far as speaking French is concerned?
3. What has Anna decided to do about the French elementary school exam?
4. What does Anna's achievements in school create between her and her mother?
5. How do Anna and Max feel about Francine Fernand?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)