|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anna do on her first assignments?
(a) She does not complete any assignments.
(b) She makes excellent on all of them.
(c) They are complete failures.
(d) She does about average for the class.
2. How does Anna's father feel about the cloth her mother brings home?
3. What does Francine do with Anna when Anna visits her?
(a) Fits her for the clothes her mother made her.
(b) They mostly talk about school.
(c) Show her how to keep a diary.
(d) Teach her to walk and talk properly in France.
4. What does Anna's achievements in school create between her and her mother?
(a) Her schoolwork does not affect her relationship with her mother.
(c) A bond of understanding.
(d) Her mother is pleased with her.
5. In what kind of class is Anna?
(a) One with a large number of students.
(b) A class of ten students.
(c) A class for the slower students.
(d) A class of mixed grades of students.
6. Who visits Sarah sometimes to play cards?
(a) Ladies from her garden club.
(b) Some of the neighbors in the lower level apartments.
(c) Rich Parisian ladies.
(d) Her brother.
7. Who has bought Anna's father's script?
(a) A film director from Hollywood.
(b) A university in England.
(c) A studio in Hungary.
(d) A film director in England.
8. With what is the store owner threatened by the person in question # 156?
(a) That he will be sued.
(b) That Anna's father will write something bad about the store.
(c) Nothing is threatened.
(d) That they will picket the store.
9. What relation is Sarah to Anna's mother?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her sister-in-law.
10. What does Anna decide after she reflects on her childhood?
(a) It was depressing.
(b) It was not really difficult.
(c) It was wonderful.
(d) It was devastating.
11. What is Anna's mother becoming in the house?
(a) Competent in all household affairs.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A fabulous cook.
(d) A little behind in all the work.
12. How does Onkel Julius die?
(a) Killed in a concentration camp.
(b) In military action.
(d) Hit by a car.
13. What kind of Christmas does Anna's family have?
(a) A lavish and happy Christmas.
(b) They have no Christmas, they are Jewish.
(c) They have the same type of Christmas they had in Germany.
(d) An austere and simple Christmas.
14. What happens to Anna in Chapter 14 physically?
(a) She goes to the hospital.
(b) Nothing happens to her.
(c) She breaks her arm.
(d) She becomes mildly sick.
15. Why is Grete gloomy?
(a) She thought she would be going home already.
(b) Her boyfriend dropped her.
(c) Her family is in Germany.
(d) Her husband has disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Anna and Max have a difficult time in school?
2. What is everyone in Anna's household doing in Chapter 20?
3. What can a subject passed with the term in question # 167 do to help a student?
4. What do Max and Anna have a difficult time doing with their teacher at first?
5. How does Max feel about learning French?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)