|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anna's family have the Christmas they have in Chapter 20?
(a) They are still Jewish.
(b) They have not changed family traditions from Germany.
(c) Her father sold a major book and they have plenty of money.
(d) They are still very poor.
2. What happens with Max and Anna's difficulties from question #101?
(a) They lessen over time.
(b) They decide to write all their lessons.
(c) They become more obedient.
(d) They become so great she is fired.
3. What does Anna's father do after fighting with her mother?
(a) Buys her a food mixer.
(b) Buys her a sewing machine.
(c) Buys her a washing machine.
(d) Buys her a vacuum cleaner.
4. Why is Anna's mother angry about her gift?
(a) That he bought her something to do with which to do work.
(b) That her father spent the money.
(c) That he didn't ask her first.
(d) That he thought to buy her love.
5. Where does Anna's mother want to go in Chapter 22?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 19, what does Anna hit as far as speaking French is concerned?
(a) By the opening of Chapter 19 she speaks French like a native.
(b) Her abilities just improve gradually.
(c) A wall, she can't seem to get past a certain point.
(d) She goes backwards and begins to forget what she has learned.
7. What is Anna's mother becoming in the house?
(a) Competent in all household affairs.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A little behind in all the work.
(d) A fabulous cook.
8. What do Max and Anna have a difficult time doing with their teacher at first?
(a) Sitting still long with her.
(b) Communicating with her.
(c) Telling her what they know about history.
(d) Obeying her every command.
9. What is Max's primary desire in school?
(a) To have a girlfriend.
(b) To be the top student.
(c) To not be at the very bottom of the class.
(d) To look like and fit in with the other boys.
10. About what is Anna's father embarrassed in Chapter 16?
(a) Wearing the same suit everyday to work.
(b) Having his wife looking so old.
(c) Not having enough praise for his writing.
(d) Not being able to support his family well.
11. What does Anna have one night when she prays for her father?
(a) A vision.
(b) A decision to become a rabbis.
(d) A nightmare.
12. What does Anna receive for her composition essay?
(a) A frame for her essay.
(b) She does not have to take writing classes for a year.
(c) Some money and a letter from the Mayor.
(d) A blue ribbon and certificate.
13. What is the name of Anna's teacher?
(a) Madame Socrate.
(b) Madeemoiselle Haviter.
(c) Madame de la Coucel.
(d) Mademoiselle le Turine.
14. How does Sarah get Anna's mother to take some cloth?
(a) She insists and pushes it on her.
(b) She asks Anna's mother to make something for her.
(c) She claims she has too much.
(d) She sends it to Anna's home.
15. How long has Sarah been living in France?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Forty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what kind of class is Anna?
2. Why can't Anna go to a private school?
3. How does Anna's father feel about the cloth her mother brings home?
4. How does Onkel Julius die?
5. What does Anna do that pleases her father?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)