|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of feelings develop between Anna and Vrenli?
(c) Some tension.
2. What does Anna hear her mother talking about with her grandmother?
(a) That her father is out of work.
(b) That her grandmother is returning to Germany.
(c) About the lack of money.
(d) The horrible things happening to Jewish refugees.
3. How long do Anna's parents talk about going to France?
(a) Eight days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
4. From where are the two German children who come to play with Anna and Max?
5. Why is the passport dangerous for them?
(a) Anna's father is wanted.
(b) They are fake passports.
(c) They are traveling without a man.
(d) The children do not have passports.
6. How many of the boy's friends chase Anna with him?
7. How is Max's time at school?
(a) He is making a lot of friends.
(b) He is captain of the soccer team.
(c) He is almost completely unengaged.
(d) He is doing very well academically.
8. Where is Anna's family in Chapter 5?
9. What type of person is Anna's grandmother?
(a) A snob.
(b) A quiet middle-aged person.
(c) A kind, old person.
(d) A grouchy old person.
10. With what is Anna's father constantly adsorbed?
(a) His own thoughts.
(b) The war.
(c) What Hitler is doing.
(d) Where Onkel Julius has gone.
11. What is the name of the female child who is Anna's age?
12. Who is Anna's teacher?
(a) Herr Von Tapper.
(b) Herr Smithdt.
(c) Herr Graupe
(d) Herr Haulichline.
13. With whom does Anna become better friends after she starts school?
14. Where is Anna living in Chapter 1?
15. When does her father say they are returning to Germany?
(a) After the next elections.
(b) In two years.
(d) In about six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business has offered Anna's father work?
2. Why does Anna's mother learn knitting?
3. Who is Max's friend at school?
4. Where does the family first stay when they are reunited with their father?
5. What kind of intellectual abilities does Max have?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)