|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business has offered Anna's father work?
(a) The Paris Times.
(b) The Museum of Natural History.
(c) The Daily Parisian.
(d) Hombluck Publishers.
2. What does Anna hear her mother talking about with her grandmother?
(a) About the lack of money.
(b) That her grandmother is returning to Germany.
(c) The horrible things happening to Jewish refugees.
(d) That her father is out of work.
3. Where does Anna's father go at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) New York.
4. With what is Anna's father constantly adsorbed?
(a) The war.
(b) What Hitler is doing.
(c) His own thoughts.
(d) Where Onkel Julius has gone.
5. How many of the boy's friends chase Anna with him?
6. How does Anna feel about some of the girl games?
(a) She feels irritated with them.
(b) They frighten her.
(c) She wants to learn them.
(d) They bore her.
7. What are the names of the two German children who come to play with Anna and Max?
(a) Nathen and Oscar.
(b) Michael and Druden.
(c) They never find out their names.
(d) Siegfried and Gudrun.
8. Where does Anna's mother think the family may end up for a while?
9. How does Anna feel about her new school?
(a) She mildly likes it.
(b) She is indifferent to it.
(c) She enjoys it.
(d) She hates it.
10. With whom do Anna's parents leave her and Max when they go to Paris?
(a) Onkel Julius.
(b) Anna's grandmother.
(c) The Hofenstallers.
(d) The Zwirns.
11. In Chapter 5, who do they find out will not be joining them?
(a) Anna's uncle.
(b) Anna's grandfather.
(c) Fraulein Heimpel.
(d) Onkel Julius.
12. Who explains to Anna and Max where their father is?
(a) Fraulein Heimpel
(b) Wilhiem Strutgar.
(c) Onkel Julius.
(d) Their mother.
13. Who is Anna's teacher?
(a) Herr Von Tapper.
(b) Herr Smithdt.
(c) Herr Haulichline.
(d) Herr Graupe
14. What does everyone think of Anna's grandmother's dog?
(a) He is funny.
(b) He is dreadful.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He is well-trained.
15. What is the price the Nazis have put on Anna's father's head?
(a) Five hundred marks.
(b) One thousand marks.
(c) Two thousand marks.
(d) Fifteen hundred marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Anna fight with her teacher in Chapter 7?
2. What is the name of Anna's school friend in Chapter 1?
3. What does Anna's family visit in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to Anna's swollen glands?
5. What does her family do for Anna's tenth birthday?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)