|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the train stop?
2. Who is Anna's teacher?
(a) Herr Haulichline.
(b) Herr Graupe
(c) Herr Von Tapper.
(d) Herr Smithdt.
3. About what are the feelings from question #59?
(a) Anna telling her friend she is slow.
(b) Anna having a German accent.
(c) Anna speaking her mind to the teacher.
(d) The attention Anna gets from the boys.
4. What does Anna think has happened to her pink rabbit?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was given to another child.
(c) Hitler stole it.
(d) It is still waiting for her in the house.
5. From where are the two German children who come to play with Anna and Max?
6. What happens to Anna's grandmother's dog?
(b) He is stolen.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is hit by a car.
7. What has Hitler done with the family's property?
(a) Has it confiscated.
(b) Gave it to a Nazi party member.
(c) Put a lien on it.
(d) Had it destroyed.
8. Who is Max's friend at school?
9. What happens to Anna's swollen glands?
(a) She never had swollen glands.
(b) They shrink back to normal.
(c) They never go back down completely.
(d) Some of them rupture.
10. What does Onkel Julius tell them about Germany when he visits?
(a) The Nazis have burned all books of Jewish intellectuals.
(b) Germany is doing very well economically.
(c) German people are trying to start a revolution.
(d) The Nazis have killed all of his friends.
11. Who will check their passports when the train stops?
(a) The train conductor.
(b) The gestapo.
(c) The local policia.
(d) Customs officials.
12. What does Anna's father say to her about Switzerland?
(a) They are deporting Jews.
(b) They probably won't stay there.
(c) They are going to enter the war.
(d) They are going to turn him over to Hitler.
13. About what does Anna fight with her teacher in Chapter 7?
14. How does Anna feel about her new school?
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She is indifferent to it.
(d) She mildly likes it.
15. Where does Anna's father go at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year in Chapter 1?
2. Where are Anna, Max and her mama's train going in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna think her life is?
4. How many of the boy's friends chase Anna with him?
5. What does Fraulein Heimpel do for Anna's family?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)