Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-6
1. Who is the first character introduced in the book, what year is it, how old is she and where does she live? Who is her sibling?
2. Why is her family famous?
3. Who comes home from school with Anna and her sibling, and what do they do?
4. What happens to Anna's father in Chapter 1 and why?
5. Why is Anna upset when she wakes up in the morning in Chapter 2, and what does her mother tell her?
This section contains 996 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)