1. How old is Anna at the start of the book?
2. Where is Anna living in Chapter 1?
3. What is the year in Chapter 1?
4. What does Anna's father's writing do to the family?
(a) Keeps him home all day.
(b) Brings her family attention.
(c) Makes it so she sees him only once a month.
5. What is the name of Anna's school friend in Chapter 1?
6. Who is Max's friend at school?
7. What does Fraulein Heimpel do for Anna's family?
(c) House help.
8. Between what two parties is the election in Germany?
(a) Whigs and Nazis.
(b) Nazis and Libersteiners .
(c) Nazis and Sozis.
(d) Libersteiners and Sozis.
9. What does Anna do before she goes to bed in Chapter 1?
(a) Helps her mother wash dishes.
(b) Reads a story to her little sister.
(c) Gets in a fight with her mother.
(d) Speaks to her father.
This section contains 4,607 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)