|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Sophie let loose playing?
2. Where do Sophie and Robin celebrate their five-week anniversary?
3. Why does Robin wish that Sophie was with him at the second college art class?
4. How does Robin say that the other students act when they see him and Sophie together?
5. What do Sophie and Robin do when they are alone at her house after school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin uncomfortable when he has to draw a naked male model for his art class?
2. Why are Rachel and Grace so against Sophie dating Robin?
3. Why does Sophie find so much pleasure in playing the "Wack-A-Mole" game at the arcade?
4. What does Robin draw when Mr. Schultz asks the class to draw what mood they are in?
5. Why does Sophie's ex-boyfriend Dylan think that the relationship between Robin and Sophie is a joke?
6. Why does Robin start to think about Sophie as he is drawing the naked model?
7. Why does Robin have such a strong reaction when he hears elementary kids using the phrase "Don't be such a Murphy?"
8. What does Robin tell his mom to do when she drops him off at his third class at Harvard?
9. Based on his actions, what do you think the art teacher Mr. Schultz feels about the relationship between Robin and Sophie?
10. What tip does Felix give to Robin to help him relax and be able to draw the naked model?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sophie's relationship with her friends Rachel and Grace is strained during the book. How does the opinion of her friends effect Sophie's feelings towards Robin? What signs are there in the text that Sophie is more bothered by being shunned by her friends than she lets on? How does the relationship between Sophie and Robin change when Sophie and Rachel reconcile?
Essay Topic 2
Robin experiences what he believes to be his "first love" in Sophie. He is infatuated with her beauty and also drawn to her love for art and determination. Do you think that Robin is truly in love with Sophie? Or does he simply think he is in love because Sophie is the first girl he has ever dated? Explain why you believe Robin is truly in love, or not.
Essay Topic 3
Tessa's birthday party is a turning point for Robin in the story. Describe the events of the day. What happens when Robin accidentally gets drunk off Jello shots? What secret does Tessa tell Robin in her dorm room? How does Robin change in the course of that day?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)