|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Sophie make after the emotional conversation with her friends?
2. After going out to dinner after class with the other college kids once, why do they not invite Robin to go out again?
3. Who does Sophie introduce to Robin when she sees him back at school?
4. What does Sophie tell Robin about the conversation with her friends?
5. What nickname does Harrison go by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin say that he has turned Sophie into more of an outcast than an outlaw?
2. How does Robin feel when he hears someone at his high school use the term "Don't be such a Stein?"
3. Why is Robin nervous before his first college art class?
4. How do Robin and Sophie begin dating?
5. What great opportunity does Mr. Schultz present to Robin after class one day?
6. Why does Robin believe that neither Rachel or Grace are behind the awful things that are written about Sophie in the girls' bathroom?
7. What do Robin and Sophie do when they hear his parents coming home early from work?
8. What does Sophie say to Rachel and Grace when they corner her in the bathroom and tell her to break up with Robin?
9. Explain why Robin sneaks past his parents when he gets home from school in order to avoid them.
10. What does Robin draw when Mr. Schultz asks the class to draw what mood they are in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tessa is a more mature young woman that Robin meets at his college art class. She shares a lot of Robin's interests, such as classic rock and roll and art, but he is not immediately attracted to her. It is much later that Robin discovers that he finds Tessa to be very beautiful. Compare and contrast the characters of Sophie and Tessa. Why is Robin attracted to each one and why does he ultimately decide to stay with Sophie?
Essay Topic 2
Pick out a passage from the book and describe how poetry enhances the reading of that passage. What word choices are significant in the theme of the passage? Figure out the meter of the poem and explain how it makes sense for the subject that is being discussed.
Essay Topic 3
Robin draws live nude models for the first time in his college art class. Describe his initial reaction to the nude model assignments. How does Robin mature as he continues forward, drawing the nude models? Do you think that Robin's initial reaction is typical of fourteen year old young men? Should he have been allowed to take the class, considering the subject matter? Why or why not?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)