|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Robin say that Sophie looks like as she is playing the arcade game?
2. Why is Robin concerned about his relationship with Sophie on the day that the other students find out that they are dating?
3. What do Sophie and Robin do until it is time for Robin to go home?
4. What lyrics are a college girl reciting when he walks into his first college art class?
5. What is Tessa's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin say that he feels like he has "won the lottery?"
2. Why does Sophie say that she likes being an "outlaw?"
3. How does Robin feel when the hot college student calls him "babe?"
4. What does Sophie say to Rachel and Grace when they corner her in the bathroom and tell her to break up with Robin?
5. What does Robin draw when Mr. Schultz asks the class to draw what mood they are in?
6. Why does Robin have such a strong reaction when he hears elementary kids using the phrase "Don't be such a Murphy?"
7. Why are Rachel and Grace so against Sophie dating Robin?
8. Why does Sophie's mother react so negatively to the relationship between Robin and Sophie?
9. Why does Sophie find so much pleasure in playing the "Wack-A-Mole" game at the arcade?
10. Why is Robin nervous before his first college art class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tessa is a more mature young woman that Robin meets at his college art class. She shares a lot of Robin's interests, such as classic rock and roll and art, but he is not immediately attracted to her. It is much later that Robin discovers that he finds Tessa to be very beautiful. Compare and contrast the characters of Sophie and Tessa. Why is Robin attracted to each one and why does he ultimately decide to stay with Sophie?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Schultz is a character that seems to understand Robin and the relationship between Robin and Sophie. Give five examples of how Mr. Schultz shows his support and interest in Robin throughout the book. Why do you think Mr. Schultz assigns projects like drawing "feelings" and "moods?"
Essay Topic 3
Robin draws live nude models for the first time in his college art class. Describe his initial reaction to the nude model assignments. How does Robin mature as he continues forward, drawing the nude models? Do you think that Robin's initial reaction is typical of fourteen year old young men? Should he have been allowed to take the class, considering the subject matter? Why or why not?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)