1. From where does Beryl receive an emergency message?
Beryl receives an urgent message from Nungwe, a small mining camp.
2. Why does Beryl need to tend to an emergency in the middle of the night?
Beryl needs to bring oxygen to a man dying of a lung disease.
3. Why is Beryl reluctant to go on the emergency mission to Nungwe?
Beryl is reluctant to head to Nyngwe because a fellow pilot is missing and Beryl wants to go out searching for him at first light.
4. Why does Beryl accept the emergency mission to Nungwe?
Beryl knows this sick man needs her.
5. What was the runway like when Beryl landed at Nungwe?
Beryl finds a runway lit with burning torches. One man points out they have also hung a wind sock for her benefit. However, the men have sewn the sock closed so that the wind could not flow through it.
This section contains 2,394 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)