|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drayle do as a result of the complaints of the slave in #67?
(a) Withholds food from the slaves.
(b) Sells him.
(c) Whips all the male slaves.
(d) Hires a new overseer.
2. What do Lizzie's children call Fran?
(a) Mrs. Fran.
3. Where is Lizzie assigned to work after the incident with the slave trader?
(a) The barn.
(b) The yard.
(c) The smokehouse.
(d) The field.
4. Who awakens Drayle and Lizzie as they sleep in Lizzie's storeroom?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the slave men who travels with his master?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drayle bring to Lizzie on the first night he visits her at the plantation?
2. Who is the white woman who promises to show the slaves the way to the resort for freed blacks?
3. What new items do the women select for the event in #24?
4. What color is Rabbit's hair?
5. Who is Tip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dinner party between the white men and their slave women show how the slaves are viewed by freed blacks?
2. What is Mawu's plan and what could happen to her if it fails?
3. Why are the Drayles' slaves afraid when Fran threatens to sell Lizzie?
4. What are two possible reasons that Fran decides to sell Lizzie?
5. What is Mawu's life like with her master, Tip, on the plantation?
6. Who is Big Mama and what is her relationship with Fran?
7. What is the setting for the story and who are the six slaves who appear as the story begins?
8. Explain what the author means by "Reenie's look"?
9. What is Drayle's demeanor in approaching Lizzie in a sexual relationship?
10. How would Fran's selling Lizzie hurt Drayle and what point would Fran be making by doing this?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)