|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song do the women sing at Sweet's burial?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) The Old Rugged Cross.
(c) How Great Thou Art.
(d) Mary Had a Baby.
2. What animal does Mawu use in a voodoo ritual at Sweet's burial?
3. How old is Nate this Summer?
4. What does Mawu give to Lizzie before she leaves?
(a) A map of safe houses.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A potion.
(d) A scarf.
5. Drayle makes arrangements for the slaves to go to _______________ to do something nice for Sweet.
6. How many days is Philip left chained to a tree?
7. Mawu feeds Sweet pieces of __________________ dipped in water.
8. What word does Mawu utter to Lizzie when she comes rushing toward Lizzie who is hanging out the laundry?
9. What does Lizzie learn about what happens to Mawu?
(a) She gets to Canada.
(b) She makes her way to New York.
(c) She buys her freedom.
(d) She is caught.
10. How does Fran react when Lizzie tells her that she has drunk a special tea to abort a baby?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She cries.
(c) She threatens to slap Lizzie.
(d) She doesn't say anything.
11. At the resort, Lizzie has dreams about what?
(a) Killing Drayle.
(b) Getting married.
(d) Having more babies.
12. Who is the cook at the Tawawa House who befriends Lizzie?
13. Which of the slave women is afraid to go swimming?
14. What does Glory deliver to the resort?
(c) Clean laundry.
(d) Fresh produce.
15. Where does Fran hold vigil over Lizzie when Lizzie is ill?
(a) In Lizzie's cottage.
(b) At the Drayles' cottage.
(c) At the clinic.
(d) In the hotel attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sweet doing when the slave women go to her cabin?
2. What does Philip use to collect water to drink while chained to the tree?
3. In what state does Lizzie live with her master?
4. How many of Sweet's children have died in a year?.
5. Who does Mawu credit for Philip's good luck in being sold to the barber?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)