|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: (1853): Chapters 30 - 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mawu feeds Sweet pieces of __________________ dipped in water.
2. What song do the women sing at Sweet's burial?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) The Old Rugged Cross.
(c) How Great Thou Art.
(d) Mary Had a Baby.
3. Which one of the slave women does Lizzie begin to teach how to read and write?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the conditions Lizzie and Philip endured on their summer trips?
(a) They were chained together.
(b) They traveled in a livestock train car.
(c) They worked in the ship's kitchen.
(d) They wore iron clasps around their necks.
5. Why does Lizzie not trust the porter on the train?
(a) He has snatched her purse from her.
(b) He has turned in runaway slaves for the money.
(c) He whispers with other white men.
(d) He gropes her at every opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is given to Lizzie's daughter?
2. How many slaves are sitting outside a cabin talking and chewing on flowers as the novel begins?
3. Why is Lizzie jealous of Fran?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the slave men who travels with his master?
5. Who is the slave Lizzie once fancied?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)