|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 15 of Mr. Howlands, "For Ngotho had become for him a symbol of" what (120)?
(a) "Men who made him ashamed."
(b) "The savages who walked the earth."
(c) "Evil that now stood in his path."
(d) "Good versus evil."
2. Immediately how did Ngotho feel after Jacobo's death, according to the narrator in Chapter 15?
3. What is the name of the village were Njoroge lives in Chapter 1?
4. At what kind of factory do many of the black people earn their living in Kipanga?
(a) A car factory.
(b) A shoe factory.
(c) A computer factory.
(d) A clothing factory.
5. Where has the chief been killed in the "Interlude"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests to Njoroge that he stay in school despite the letter in Chapter 10?
2. How many wives does the village carpenter have?
3. What is the rain perceived as by the people as they await Jomo's judgment in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 16, the narrator describes Njoroge as seeing himself as an old man of what age?
5. What aspect of Boro's character makes him a good leader for the Freedom Fighters, according to the narrator in Chapter 12?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)