|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the teacher Isaka go the year before Njoroge finished the first school?
2. How is the weather described on a January morning in Chapter 12?
3. With what does Njoroge intend to kill himself in Chapter 18?
(a) A cord.
(b) An axe.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pistol.
4. How far from home is Njoroge's new school in Chapter 8?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Ten miles.
5. Njoroge tells Mwihaki in Chapter 13, "You and I can only put faith in" what (106)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Kenyan dish is Nyokabi making when Njoroge and his father talk about the approaching of school beginning in Chapter 4?
2. What word does the teacher use to demonstrate the sound for "e" in Chapter 4?
3. What word in the narrative refers to a truck?
4. Who is Ngotho's second wife?
5. How many threatening notes does Jacobo tell Mr. Howlands he had received before the one he shows him in Chapter 12?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)