|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mwihaki discover when she rushes home to announced she has passed in school in Chapter 7?
(a) That her father has been exiled.
(b) That her father has been attacked.
(c) That her father has been murdered.
(d) That her father has been promoted.
2. With whom does Njoroge associate Eve from the Bible?
3. Where did the teacher Isaka go the year before Njoroge finished the first school?
4. What oath does the narrator say Ngotho would not take at his son's hand or instruction in Chapter 8?
(a) The Anyanya oath.
(b) The Abyei oath.
(c) The Anzaniya oath.
(d) The Mau Mau oath.
5. What does Njoroge recall a young Indian boy giving him, causing his mother to rebuke him, in Chapter 4?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A candy.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the letter on the school purportedly from in Chapter 10?
2. In what term at school is Njoroge when Chapter 15 begins?
3. Who is the village carpenter?
4. How is the weather described on a January morning in Chapter 12?
5. Of Mr. Howlands, the narrator says in Chapter 10, "To submit to his wife was to listen to the voice of" what (77)?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)