|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade are Njoroge and Mwihaki in when the begin to learn English in Chapter 5?
(a) Standard VI.
(b) Standard III.
(c) Standard IV.
(d) Standard V.
2. What is the name of the village were Njoroge lives in Chapter 1?
3. Where has Mwihaki's brother actually gone, according to the narrative in Chapter 13?
(a) The United States.
(d) Great Britain.
4. What language do the Kikuyu people speak?
(a) The Bantu Kikuyu language.
(b) The Azania Kikuyu language.
(c) The Anyanya Bantu language.
(d) The Abyei Kikuyu language.
5. What word from the novel refers to a woman's abode?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in Chapter 12 as "the only thing that could now give [Boro] fire and boldness" (102)?
2. Who is Ngotho's first wife?
3. When did Jomo Kenyatta die?
4. Mwihaki tells Njoroge in Chapter 13, "When people go away, they tend to" do what (105)?
5. Who is the male teacher that Njoroge recalls teaching his first lesson in school?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)