|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 12 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Njoroge associate Adam from the Bible?
2. Who does Njoroge realize the European woman was who came to his English class in Chapter 5?
(a) Ngotho's adoptive mother.
(b) Kori's fiancee.
(c) Mr. Howland's daughter.
(d) Isaka's wife.
3. What word from the "Interlude" means freedom?
4. Dedan Kimathi is referred to as the leader of what group in Chapter 8?
(a) The Abyei Liberation Front.
(b) Alliance of Revolutionary Forces of Kenya.
(c) The Kenyan Liberation Front.
(d) The African Freedom Army.
5. As they part ways in Chapter 13, Njoroge feels ashamed of having thought Mwihaki to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather described on a January morning in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mwihaki say firmly to Njoroge as they part in Chapter 13 (106)?
3. When was Jomo Kenyatta born?
4. What does the line from this hymn from Chapter 12 translate to in English (as expressed in the next verse)? "Nitugu-u-kugoca Je-e-Jesu" (99)?
5. Where will Njoroge attend the big misson school for Secondary School?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)