|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "The Waning Light," Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Njoroge to school on his first day in Chapter 2?
2. What is the answer when the teachers asks of the sound "U-u-u-u-u-u" "What animal says this?" (34)?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
3. What word does the teacher use to demonstrate the sound for "e" in Chapter 4?
4. What does Mwihaki like to do with flowers, according to the narrator in Chapter 4?
(a) Weave them into necklaces and hair adornments.
(b) Pick them for her mother.
(c) Pick them for her sister.
(d) Pick them and throw them at Njoroge.
5. Who is Ngotho's employer's wife who is described as being too thin?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 1 that "time and bad conditions do not favour" what (3)?
2. Njuka is the name that is given to whom, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Njoroge's brother who died in the war?
4. Where did Mwihaki's father learn English?
5. What is the verb in the sentence used by the teacher to demonstrate person in Chapter 5?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)