|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "The Waning Light," Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Kenyan dish is Nyokabi making when Njoroge and his father talk about the approaching of school beginning in Chapter 4?
2. Who is the big son of Jacobo?
3. Where is Mr. Howlands from?
(b) The United States.
4. What does Mwihaki like to do with flowers, according to the narrator in Chapter 4?
(a) Pick them and throw them at Njoroge.
(b) Pick them for her mother.
(c) Weave them into necklaces and hair adornments.
(d) Pick them for her sister.
5. How does Njoroge end up in Mwihaki's class in Chapter 4?
(a) He is sent to the girls' school.
(b) He is promoted one grade.
(c) He is demoted one grade.
(d) He is held back for one grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the Indians called Gandhi in Chapter 1?
2. Who is said to have changed because of the war in Chapter 4?
3. What is the local town that is described in Chapter 1?
4. The narrator states in Chapter 1 that "time and bad conditions do not favour" what (3)?
5. What did Ngotho pay for his son to become an apprentice to the village carpenter?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)