|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mwihaki discover when she rushes home to announced she has passed in school in Chapter 7?
(a) That her father has been attacked.
(b) That her father has been murdered.
(c) That her father has been exiled.
(d) That her father has been promoted.
2. To whom does Njoroge associate the Gikuyu people in Chapter 5?
(a) The soldiers of war.
(b) The slaves in America.
(c) The children of Israel.
(d) The Jews in Germany.
3. What is the local town that is described in Chapter 1?
4. What does Boro do after his father dies in Chapter 16?
(a) He holds his mother.
(b) He collapses on the floor weeping.
(c) He holds his brother.
(d) He runs from the hut.
5. What is the English translation of the phrase "Mikono juu" (100)?
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "Hands up."
(d) "Leave in peace."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shouts in the end of Chapter 9, "Never! Never! Black people must rise up and fight" (75)?
2. What have Kamau's wages been raised to in Chapter 7?
3. Which of Boro's friends comes to push for and discuss the strike at Njoroge's home in Chapter 6?
4. Njuka is the name that is given to whom, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Njoroge suggest he and Mwihaki meet on Sunday in Chapter 11?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)