|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object led Mr. Howlands to the discovery of who murdered Jacobo?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A gun.
2. For how long has Njoroge worked for the Indian at the market in Chapter 16?
(a) Over three months.
(b) About two months.
(c) Less than a month.
(d) Six weeks.
3. Who is Lucia's mother?
4. In Chapter 16, the narrator describes Njoroge as seeing himself as an old man of what age?
5. What does Nyokabi tell Njoroge she will buy him when his father gets paid in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A shirt and a pair of shorts.
(b) A calico.
(c) A pair of pants and a suit jacket.
(d) A pair of pants and a sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather described on a January morning in Chapter 12?
2. Jacobo is said to be the first black man allowed to grow what crop in the area?
3. How is Boro's voice described when saying to Mr. Howlands in Chapter 16, "Have you anything to say in your defence" (128)?
4. What word in Chapter 6 refers to the Government?
5. What word in the narrative refers to a truck?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)