|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 16 - 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is said to have been arrested in the "Interlude"?
2. What grade are Njoroge and Mwihaki in when the begin to learn English in Chapter 5?
(a) Standard III.
(b) Standard V.
(c) Standard IV.
(d) Standard VI.
3. Where is Karanja from?
4. To whom does Njoroge associate the Gikuyu people in Chapter 5?
(a) The children of Israel.
(b) The Jews in Germany.
(c) The slaves in America.
(d) The soldiers of war.
5. Who dom the officers ask Njoroge if he knows in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Education is the light of Kenya," according to Kamau in Chapter 4 (38)?
2. Who sits next to Ngotho at the meeting on the first day of the strike?
3. Of the women at the market, the narrator states that Njoroge "did not want to look at them in the face because he thought they would see the dreams of his boyhood and" do what (126)?
4. Who are facing murder charges for the death of Mr. Howlands?
5. What is Njoroge listening for when he falls asleep in the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)