|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "The Waning Light," Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Njoroge and Kamau go to the forest to search for in Chapter 4?
2. Njuka is the name that is given to whom, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
(a) A white man.
(b) A newcomer.
(c) An Indian boy.
(d) A baby.
3. Who is the teacher that teaches Njoroge's class English in Chapter 5?
4. What Kenyan dish is Nyokabi making when Njoroge and his father talk about the approaching of school beginning in Chapter 4?
5. Who are Njeri's three sons?
(a) Boro, Kori, and Kamau.
(b) Ngotho, Kamau, and Njoroge.
(c) Memsahib, Jacobo, and Kori.
(d) Njoroge, Isaka, and Boro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the village were Njoroge lives in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the big son of Jacobo?
3. Who is Ngotho's employer's wife who is described as being too thin?
4. What is the name of God's tree in the creation story related by Ngotho in Chapter 2?
5. How does Njoroge end up in Mwihaki's class in Chapter 4?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)