|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "The Waning Light," Chapters 5 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Njoroge and Kamau go to the forest to search for in Chapter 4?
2. What word from the novel refers to a woman's abode?
3. What does Nyokabi tell Njoroge she will buy him when his father gets paid in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A calico.
(b) A pair of pants and a suit jacket.
(c) A pair of pants and a sweater.
(d) A shirt and a pair of shorts.
4. Who is Ngotho's second wife?
5. Who is Suzannah's first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ngotho pay for his son to become an apprentice to the village carpenter?
2. What does the narrator say the Indians called Gandhi in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Njoroge come home to find crying and in dispute with Ngotho in Chapter 6?
4. Who says "Education is the light of Kenya," according to Kamau in Chapter 4 (38)?
5. Who is Ngotho's first wife?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)