|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 10 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language do the Kikuyu people speak?
(a) The Anyanya Bantu language.
(b) The Abyei Kikuyu language.
(c) The Bantu Kikuyu language.
(d) The Azania Kikuyu language.
2. How does Njoroge end up in Mwihaki's class in Chapter 4?
(a) He is sent to the girls' school.
(b) He is promoted one grade.
(c) He is demoted one grade.
(d) He is held back for one grade.
3. According to Karanja's story in Chapter 8, at what time did Dedan Kimathi say he would visit the police station in Nyeri?
(a) 10:30 a.m.
(b) 2:10 p.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 p.m.
4. What color jerseys do the homeguards of Jacobo wear in Chapter 11?
5. The narrator states in Chapter 9, "To [Ngotho] Jomo stood for custom and tradition purified by grace of learning and" what (74)?
(b) "Reading books."
(c) "Much travel."
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Chapter 5 refers to an uncircumcised man?
2. What animals are heard in the end of Chapter 11?
3. Who is said to have changed because of the war in Chapter 4?
4. With whom does Njoroge associate Adam from the Bible?
5. How is the roof of the office in which Mr. Howlands sits described in Chapter 10?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)