|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Darkness Falls," Chapters 14 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the verb in the sentence used by the teacher to demonstrate person in Chapter 5?
2. Which of Boro's friends comes to push for and discuss the strike at Njoroge's home in Chapter 6?
3. Who shouts in the end of Chapter 9, "Never! Never! Black people must rise up and fight" (75)?
4. What is described in Chapter 14 as a famous school for European boys?
(a) The Beck School.
(b) The Hill School.
(c) The Oakland School.
(d) The Ross School.
5. What language do the Kikuyu people speak?
(a) The Azania Kikuyu language.
(b) The Bantu Kikuyu language.
(c) The Abyei Kikuyu language.
(d) The Anyanya Bantu language.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what hero from the Bible does Njoroge admire and often identify himself?
2. With whom does Njoroge associate Eve from the Bible?
3. In her letter to Njoroge in Chapter 14, Mwihaki tells him that in their home village, there is not so much a fear of death as a fear of what (112)?
4. With whom does Njoroge associate Adam from the Bible?
5. Immediately how did Ngotho feel after Jacobo's death, according to the narrator in Chapter 15?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)