|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In modern armies, what is of more importance in determining the fate of battles?
(a) Prompt obedience to commands.
(b) The expertise of the officers.
(c) Dexerity and skill of soldiers.
(d) Practice and drills.
2. What supplies the inhabitants of the town both with the materials of their work, and the means of their subsistence?
(c) Raw materials.
3. In seeking for employment to a capital, what is preferred to foreign commerce?
(a) Domestic merchandizing.
(b) Inland merchandizing.
(c) Domestic manufacturers.
(d) Inland manufacturers.
4. What does an artificer who lives where there is either no uncultivated land, or none that can be had upon easy terms, do when he has acquired a little more stock than is necessary for carrying on his own business in supplying the neighboring country?
(a) He buys land for improvement.
(b) He reinvests his stock into his business.
(c) He seeks to sell in distance towns.
(d) He invests his stock in more workmen
5. What is the third part of capital use in every growing society?
(b) Inland commerce.
(d) Foreign commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. As capital increases in any country, what happens to the profits which can be made by employing them ?
2. At the time the book was written, what commodity regulated the value of all other home-made commodities?
3. What to British manufacturers import from the coasts of the Baltic?
4. How are almost all loans made?
5. How are capitals increased?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first duty of the sovereign and how is it performed?
2. What is a drawback?
3. What are the two ways a borrower can use borrowed stock?
4. How is the military an example of unproductive labor?
5. How does the capital of the wholesale merchant support the productive labor of society?
6. Why does the colony of a civilized nation which takes possession of thinly inhabited country make rapid advances in that country?
7. Why does want of parsimony in time of peace necessitate the contracting of debt in time of war?
8. How does a country fix the rate of interest on borrowed money so as to discourage usury?
9. What is the difference between the two kinds of labor?
10. What were the consequences of the German and Scythian nations overrunning the western provinces of the Roman empire?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)